Director of Communications
CONTACT: Samuel Merchant
Insights About this Role
The Director of Communications will be critical in bringing von Holzhausen’s brand voice to life. von Holzhausen is looking for an experienced and motivated leader to spearhead all aspects of company communications and create compelling narratives through the lens of the company’s products. This role is highly cross-functional, involving working with various teammates across multiple departments. While sitting on the Creative team, the Director of Communications will work closely with Brand Marketing to ensure that von Holzhausen products and the brand mission come to life across all communications channels.
The Director of Communications will play a key role in developing the brand narrative, tone of voice, and copy for all touchpoints.
- Work with CEO to create brand voice and brand guidelines.
- Ensure 100% brand consistency across brochures, emails, website, social media, copy, and packaging.
- Develop copy for marketing materials including but not limited to ads, emails, website, packaging, and press stories.
- Develop and evolve copy workflows and processes as related to copy development naming, company-wide tone-of-voice training, and more.
- Be ruthless when it comes to editing, grammar, and proofreading.
- Education: BS/BA, preferably in writing, journalism, or communications.
- 7+ years of writing and creative experience, ideally with a background in communications related to sustainability or mission-driven customers.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment while being highly organized.
- Strong storytelling skills to develop campaigns that get customers’ attention.
- Analytical thinking with experience in data-driven marketing.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves readiness to create all forms of copy.
- Proficiency in cultivating a consistent voice.
- Thoughtfulness about best uses of communications resources—able to convey campaigns’ purpose, measure success metrics, and pivot as needed.