If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2NkqFo8
- Develop a deep understanding of our business, product offerings and Ad-Tech landscape.
- Work with product and software engineering teams to manage the integration of
- successful models and algorithms in complex, real-time production systems at
- very large scale.
- Manage the design, development, and evaluation of highly innovative, scalable models and algorithms
- Lead a team that advances long-term, exploratory research projects in machine learning and related fields to create highly innovative customer experiences.
- Acquire, develop and retain highly skilled data engineers and data scientists, while creating a collaborative work environment the encourages innovation.
- Develop and manage the long-term vision and portfolio of research initiatives for your team.
- Share knowledge, debate techniques, and conduct research to advance the collective knowledge and skills of our Data Science practice.
- Collaborate with external data technology vendors to leverage their capabilities, while balancing it with in-house capabilities.
- Define standards for data modeling, toolsets, technology architecture and frameworks.
- Ensure that our production data applications and build pipelines are performant, reliable, responsiveness, maintainable and of high quality with minimal tech debt.
- Synthesizing complex, technical concepts and outputs into compelling story lines that resonate with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
- 10+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems for applications handling large datasets.
- 8+ years statistical modeling & machine learning, with at least 5 + years managing teams of 15+ Machine Learning Scientists, Engineers, Data engineers, Data Scientist, and Engineering managers.
- 3+ years developing technology for programmatic platforms.
- 2+ years’ experience in the Digital Marketing/Ad-Tech industry.
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, NLP, deep learning, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval, data mining, statistical modeling, optimization, algorithms, big-data.
- Ability to clarify customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives.
- Ability to manage and quantify the improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes.
- Experience hiring and leading experienced scientists as well as a successful record of developing junior members from academia/industry to a successful career track.
- Strong statistical/math/analytical abilities.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Track record of scientific publications in premier journals and conferences.
- Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language.
- Project management experience for working on cross-functional projects.
- Proven achievements of developing and managing a long-term research vision and portfolio of research initiatives, with algorithms and models that have been successfully integrated in production systems.
- Superior business acumen, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.