If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2KIw9cd
Historically founder-driven Soothe has matured under PE ownership having nailed robust unit economics, sustainable growth and a highly liquid, 2-sided marketplace. Now it needs an experienced VPBD who develop and execute on the company’s B2B2C strategy across partnerships, corporate direct sales and channel development with an emphasis on profitability and ultimately maximizing shareholder value in a liquidity event.
Soothe has secured market dominance in a rapid-growth market. But while it’s the clear category leader, it’s not yet a proven winner. PE owner Riverside Company recently completed a $31 million growth funding with a plan to leverage the direct to consumer customer acquisition with a Partner and Corporate B2B2C .
- Large Market oppty – $14B U.S. massage industry ripe for disruption
- #1 on-demand massage svc in a fragmented mkt with primary comps still brick/mortar
- Simple flat fee & tip included; less expensive than traditional
- Currently in 60 US cities + intl. (UK, CAN, AUS)
- 11,000 vetted, high quality Massage Therapists who earn 2-3x the industry avg. + maintain flex schedule + no more dead time in a massage studio + no more marketing to or booking clients = strong retention
- Massive active user base with extremely high NPS scores
- Well capitalized (just closed $23M in new growth capital), profitable, no debt
- High leverage & margin B2B business growing even faster than the consumer offering; clients include Slack, Facebook, MSFT, Hulu and many others
The Right Profile Looks Like…
Soothe is seeking a unique set of skills and experience in a seasoned and successful Business Development and Revenue driver who wants to craft the go to market and then build the team, craft the positioning and lead the execution to take Soothe to 9-figure top line revenues profitably! Ideally worked with a PE or parent company where the resources, rigor and governance can be leveraged as fuel to achieve escape velocity.
- Functional leadership of Business Development / Alliances / Partnerships / Channel Sales
- Consumer Digital: B2C domain exper. ideally out of Sharing Economy, 2-Sided Marketplaces, tech enabled services
- Startup & Growth: Ideally trained in major corporate environment, but definitely been part of a lean & scrappy startup; risk-taker and builder
- Truly Strategic + Vision: Been responsible for nailing the strategy, developing the plan and then executing it. Brings and leads w/ Vision; Solved complex problems; rallied cross functional teams
- Innovative Product/Service vs. Commodity: Created demand and sold a nice to have vs. an RFP-driven, must have solution.
- Winning DNA: Successful company Pedigree; Part of winning team / built a well-known brand
- B2B2C Business Models
- PE experience
- Run B2C Sales function: owned a number and led a team of B2C sellers