If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2Euq13G
OpenX is the global leader in programmatic advertising. It has built and operates the industry’s highest quality ad marketplace – purpose-built for supply partners. The OpenX Ad Exchange provides publishers and app developers complete control over their entire advertising platform, with superior customer support and dedicated yield analysis.
The company helps unleash the full economic potential of digital media companies by building digital ad markets and technologies designed to optimize value to publishers and advertisers for every ad served across any screen.
OpenX’s single stack system encompasses a complete supply side platform powered by OpenX Demand Fusion technology that merges network and real-time bidding and a comprehensive ad server.
- @Scale: ~500 employees globally; nine-figure top-line revenues with Sustainable Growth for 5+ years
- Profitable: Haven’t raised money for several years and poised to be a consolidator or large acquisition target
- Culturally aligned where strategic thought leadership and a very hands-on ethos produce consistent execution!
- Extremely well run! Seasoned leadership team looking for the final piece of the puzzle
- Drive and implement all marketing activities to ensure on-brand positioning and awareness of the OpenX brand and suite of products across all aspects of the marketing mix.
- Partner with business stakeholders and product teams to craft compelling value propositions, identify competitive differentiators, and successfully position existing and new products individually and as part of an integrated platform.
- Develop and maintain a strategic market segmentation that identifies market needs by customer and behaviors and creates actionable profiles that are leveraged to improve the accuracy of sales and marketing initiatives.
- Create unique sales and marketing collateral that cuts through the standard ad tech vernacular while positioning OpenX as a leader in the space.
- Develop an annual global integrated marketing plan, events and editorial calendar that strategically hits every potential target audience touch point.
- Create and implement a content marketing strategy in partnership with Communications that positions OpenX as a thought leader in digital advertising and a trusted resource to help de-mystify a complicated industry.
- Work closely with Product to understand what the company is building, why, and whom the target audience is and when to reach them.
- Create and implement comprehensive go-to-market strategies and plans for product launches.
- Work closely with Sales to maximize effectiveness through presentation materials, sales collateral, events and case studies and build a high-touch direct marketing and events program to identify and target prospects and clients.
- Partner with the People Team to develop employer brand and marketing campaigns targeting prospective employees and positioning OpenX as an employer of choice.
- Manage all existing external agencies including creative, translation, SEO/SEM, as well as various boards and committees.
- Build a digital marketing discipline that elevates the brand and provides visibility for Sales, including a content marketing strategy, maintaining the global corporate websites, implementing a comprehensive SEO/SEM strategy, newsletter creation, lead generation and driving ROI through marketing analytics programs.
- Track and report on all marketing led initiatives including working knowledge of WordPress, Marketo, Salesforce Data, Google analytics and SEO/SEM.
- Serve as a conduit between external market needs and internal product capabilities, systematically capturing market knowledge and intelligence through research and events to share with internal teams and effectively communicating product features and benefits to the target market.
- Serve as public figure and corporate spokesperson for OpenX as needed.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, metrics and reporting.
- Work closely with Finance to assure budget is balanced and act as the approver for all marketing related spending.
- 15+ years of progressive marketing experience, including specific product marketing experience, with the majority in B2B and technology companies.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify a complex industry and message in a powerful way.
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven ability to attract, develop, manage and mentor top talent.
- Business driver, with proven track record of leading marketing teams that deliver significant bottom line results.
- Superior execution skills. OpenX marketing is a core component of its success to date and the company is looking to build on this success with a strong business operator.
- Highly evolved organizational skills, well attuned to details across a large team and multiple functions. Effective cross company communicator and leader.
- Embrace challenge: Be smart and quick with the ability to quickly learn the nuances of a complex, highly technical business and industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong public speaking skills.
- Experience building and repositioning a brand.
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus.