If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2Ere1TQ
Avisare is leveling the procurement playing field. It is building a procurement/contracting platform for the modern age. The company’s aim is to simplify sourcing and procurement by making it more transparent for everyone involved – because when the process is transparent it works better for everyone.
Avisare takes the hassle out of procurement by supporting easy vetting, improved collaboration and automated compliance tracking. The Avisare platform is built to level the playing field to help diverse businesses compete for government contracts.
- The VP Engineering will be responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and leading technology development, in line with its strategic direction and growth objectives.
- You will bring in or source other engineering and technology talent as needed.
- Specific duties will include executing the strategy for building and scaling the Avisare platform, incorporating Machine Learning and smart machine algorithms along with possible partnerships and external relationships required to make it work at the highest level.
- The VP Engineering will establish and implement technical standards and ensure they are adhered to.
- You will anticipate and react to major technology changes.
- You will have full accountability for all engineering decisions, vendor choices, data security, disaster recovery and related functions.
- Systems Architecture – including implementation of new systems and how they communicate among one another.
- Technology Contracting (outsourced vendor and developer management).
- Be a brand ambassador for Avisare. Understand the operations, products, innovation pipeline, and culture.
- 5-10+ years of relevant, proven experience demonstrating skills to fulfill all of the VP Engineering job requirements, including leadership.
- Experience managing high volume platform models and working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial startup.
- Experience with software systems selection; automation platforms; multi-system integration, mobile apps, e-commerce; migrations (large data sets); server/cloud hosting management; and others.
- BA in a related field of study; Masters degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Web development experience.
- Project management experience in an engineering setting.
- Agile/scrum proficient.