If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2w5EUbT
OPSkins, based in Santa Monica, CA, is the largest marketplace for gamers to buy and sell digital goods. Their marketplace has securely administered over $2B in transactions. With millions of registered customers and adding 150,000 new customers monthly, OPSkins has established itself as the premier marketplace within the global eSports market.
We are seeking a VP Product Management to report to the CEO. The VP Product Management will formally establish the Product function in a company with a large customer base and platform engineered for scale.
We are seeking a Product leader that has owned the roadmap, shipped/delivered products that have scaled and succeeded. We are seeking someone with strong Ecommerce, Exchange, or Marketplace experience. This individual will have built high performing teams and cultures.
- Formalize processes. Define and implement professional product development processes around roadmap planning, gathering of requirements, product definition, development and launch such that the organization consistently delivers commercially successful product initiatives in line with strategic priorities, on time and within budget.
- Maximize the department’s effectiveness and efficiency through prioritization, sequencing and deployment of resources.
- Become a key member of OPSkins’ leadership team. Share responsibility for defining the company’s direction; setting and leading product strategy and execution.
- Thorough understanding of marketplace dynamics and what drives/motivates the primary customer base. Exposure to the video gaming world would be ideal. The right candidate will figure out why, for example, customers prefer OPSkins over many other choices in the market.
- Ability to hire a team of data driven Product Managers. Must understand ecommerce marketplaces. Analytical and can work with vast data sets surrounding consumer interactions, purchase patterns, etc. and funnel that into building a better customer journey and overall experience.
- Established product leader; or someone ready to take the next step leading the overall product roadmap for a fast-growth company.
- Proven success with creating, launching and managing game changing and complex web and mobile enabled products. Data integration or data syndication experience a nice plus as well.
- Ability to leverage available resources, but still be the “Chief Doer” and not just a delegator.
- A true Product Zealot who will be passionate about the OPSkins product offerings and potential and will live to move the needle, consistently expanding and improving its product portfolio.
- Has the technical expertise to engender respect of the engineering team.
- Ability to optimize product decisions on multiple concurrent fronts against the backdrop of an expanding market with major upside opportunities.
- Hands on leader who craves to be shoulder-to-shoulder with team members identifying better ways to gather requirements, develop them, and deliver products. A bias toward action.
- The senior management team is deeply connected crypto currency ecosystem. Familiarity with crypto currencies is a plus but not a deal breaker.
- Ability to self-start in the absence of close contact with the CEO, and work well with quirky engineering types.