If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2SPdOBK
The VPM will join a Soothe executive team that values collaboration, communication and transparency. You’ll report to the CEO and be accountable for driving profitable growth by developing, implementing, leading and scaling all marketing activities.
With a pivotal 2018 behind them, Soothe has honed its unit economics, dialed in its acquisition costs, developed its B2B and partnership programs, and brought onboard key Sales and BD leadership. The company is well positioned today for continued growth and needs a hyper-passionate marketing leader who “gets” the delicate balance between creative and quant, who can take the strategic vision in place and enhance it and execute! Need that hands-on marketer that can flip the switch between strategic and tactical and lead by doing while managing both internal and external resources.
The VPM will own and manage the execution of a dynamic, results-oriented marketing strategy with a focus on revenue growth and margin management across all product lines (B2B and B2C) and regions Soothe operates in both nationally and internationally.
Principal Charter for Marketing
- In concert with other senior leadership, fine-tune and implement a strategic marketing plan for scaling revenues, managing costs, and continue to build Soothe’s brand and market share.
- Take the reins of a marketing team and engine, adapt it to changing conditions (i.e. customer growth, new market expansion, and a scaling B2B business) and make it your own by implementing strategies and tactics that are ahead of everyone else.
- Manage spend closely; own the customer acquisition cost number; manage strong gross margins.
- Ability to rapidly support customer acquisition and revenue growth without resorting to discounts and offers.
- Strong skillset in digital marketing that goes beyond the routine to understand the nuance of change, what works in various markets they operate in (and what no longer does).
- Proven success working cross-functionally; can operate effectively in a highly creative, heavily brand-focused product environment.
- A true performance marketing leader with a strong balance of growth/acquisition marketing and creative/content marketing who can tap the rich vein of marketing data that flows from the Soothe platform.
- Innovator and storyteller, a strong content and performance marketer with a knack for nurturing customers, differentiating brand and products.
- Track record of constantly testing, learning and improving. You move quickly, analyze (but not over-analyze), make decisions and act.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all aspects of Soothe marketing and communications are on-brand, consistent, and customer focused.
- Develop and track appropriate metrics and success criteria for all marketing activities; decide which data to gather and analyze, and how to use it for improved decision making.
- Manage existing team, MarTech, agencies and other vendor relationships to appropriately adapt and optimize to rapid growth and product line expansion.
- Own the planning and budgeting process for marketing.
- Optimize the marketing technology stack for the future of Soothe.
- Work closely with the Soothe Sales, BD, Operations, and Product teams.
- Use test-and-learn to trial new marketing tactics, such as influencer marketing.
Key Personal/Cultural Characteristics
- Great communicator with a compelling presence: Polished presence, self-confidence; able gain buy-in and create productive dynamics within a team.
- Leader and motivator: A lead-by-example team builder who has delivered high-performance results; is in tune with millennial culture; can empower and celebrate people.
- Flexible and resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality; not afraid to make mistakes quickly and course-correct.
- Entrepreneurial: Flexible and resourceful, collaborates and debates constructively to drive the mission.
- Passionate: Proven high-level strategic, creative-thinking, and problem-solving abilities. More than just a tactical manager, but needs to be hands-on.
- Smart & Insightful: High intellectual bandwidth, but also street smarts and the guts to make the tough calls that don’t always flow from the data.