VP Marketing role for Media Temple (MT) -- premium web hosting and cloud services provider based in Culver City and owned by GoDaddy. http://bit.ly/2cAI5Oo
Media Temple was founded in 1998 and has been on a mission since to help web developers, designers, digital entrepreneurs, innovators and enterprises bring their ideas to life online. Media Temple has built a reputation for being THE go-to solution for the top creative web shops offering premium services and more recently, M|T has had great success with providing these services to large enterprises in addition to edgy, innovative creators. As M|T enters the next phase of growth and scale, it is seeking a world-class Vice President of Marketing who will work with the leadership team to position its products and services for both these market opportunities and build a marketing machine capable of acquiring the best customers from both camps.
Media Temple is in the business of hosting great ideas. Today over 125,000 people and businesses rely on their simple tools for web hosting, one-click WordPress installs, virtual servers, domain registration, business applications and other cloud services. Their premium web hosting and cloud services power more than 1.5 million websites in 100 different countries with some 88 percent classified as being for “advanced web and IT services”.
Their premium service model combined with scalable technology allows them to focus on fostering a unique user experience by delivering outstanding quality, high-performance solutions and award-winning 24/7 client support. Some of the world’s best brands trust their sites to Media Temple, including Nike, Red Bull and Under Armour.
Media Temple has spent years building their unique, people-first company culture focused on supporting different creative and tech communities while fostering employee happiness, making it a repeat entry on Best Places to Work in LA.
In late 2013, GoDaddy (NYSE: GDDY), the world’s largest domain name Web hosting and the #1 global technology provider dedicated to small businesses, based out of Scottsdale Arizona, acquired Media Temple. Since the sale, M|T has remained fiercely independent and leverages the resources, platform and brand power of GoDaddy, while maintaining its 100% customer success focus.
GoDaddy reported Q2 ’16 revenues of $456.2 million with a current mark cap of close to $3B. With 14 million customers worldwide and 62 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
- Shape B2B and B2C brand messaging, and drive it harmoniously across all marketing and advertising efforts
- Provide strategic branding and marketing direction and guidance to senior leaders of the events, public relations/communications, digital and enterprise sales teams
- Own consumer and B2B positioning, branding, messaging, segmentation and marketing strategy
- Continuously collaborate with sales to refine comprehensive go-to-market plans across multiple geographies, channels and market segments
- Collaborate with Product, UX and Engineering teams to ensure product provides maximum value to audience segments
- Ensure all aspects of Media Temple’s marketing communications are on-brand, consistent, focused on the user, and employ best practices
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all branding and marketing programs and activities
- Provide leadership, mentorship and coaching to the marketing organization that fosters an environment of problem solving, improved business practices, and attracts and retains superior talent
- Understand users, market, competitive insights and implications to drive strategy
- Effectively negotiate and manage the allocated marketing budget
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, MBA preferred
- 10+ years B2B branding marketing experience, ideally in the technology industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal