If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2SRkyuX
Based in Culver City, W|C has historically been known as one of the world’s most respected theatrical advertising and editorial companies, founded by editor Nick Temple in 2007. Today, W|C is a rapidly expanding enterprise comprised of some of the most accomplished content creators in the world. They have serviced show biz for years as the exclusive video content and integrated marketing campaigns for major studios and iconic filmmakers.
The company has recently rolled-in its strategic branding shop 3AM which creates multi-platform worlds that turn audiences into engaged fans. 3 AM partners with entertainment creators to expand their worlds where story, marketing, and distribution work together from the start. Together as Wild Card, they are now expanding to serve top streaming, video game and global consumer brands. W|C helps ambitious storytellers and brands develop content properties utilizing its singular combined expertise.
Wild Card Highlights:
- W|C works with some of the world’s most iconic filmmakers including Jim Cameron, Ridley Scott, Steven Spielberg, Spike Lee, Clint Eastwood and M. Night Shyamalan to name just a few
- Initially bootstrapped (not VC-backed) and profitable from the outset, W|C has always been the premium-priced, gold standard in the industry
- W|C has evolved from film and TV to serving clients in streaming media and games and is now engaged by global brands like Nike and Microsoft
- In addition to world-class creative, W|C now offers clients analytics-driven insights, but its core content creation, production and world-building are at the heart of next generation of marketing and branding
- Fast Company named W|C as a “2018 Most Innovative Company“ and it has won several awards as a best place to work. Led by accomplished and progressive (75% female) executive team, W|C is leaning into the future in more ways than one.
Well-established and now diversifying its portfolio of service offerings, W|C is investing aggressively in its high-growth future and needs a full-force HR Partner whose priority will be to build world-class talent acquisition, retention, development and culture.
This is not only a chance for the right People & Talent pro to be part of a senior leadership team, but also the opportunity to enhance a progressive cultural framework in an already-thriving organization.
Key Attributes of the VPHR:
- HR Generalist: Table stakes include OD, Learning & Development, HR Systems, Comp & Benefits, Compliance and Administration; ideally built an HR function from scratch; Automated processes and systems to facilitate growth
- Creative DNA and Domain– worked extensively with creative employee populations <full stop> More than likely out of environments like production, gaming, creative/brand agencies, etc.
- World class Talent acquisition in a highly competitive talent landscape and owned the onboarding through retention to keep top talent in the boat. (Ideally recruited business development and growth marketing teams)
- Strategic Business Partner: Aligns with company and departmental leaders on key business strategies and initiatives. Beyond compliance/administrative, been part of growing the business through a high-performance culture
- Startup & Growth stage company experience; Nimble and not too corporate; been through the associated growing pains; Leader, Manager & Doer–like every member of the W|C leadership team, must be a doer as well as a delegator.
- Approachable Leader: Confident, Strong and Effective communicator but with a nurturing and coaching style; Balance between high IQ and EQ; gifted listener