If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2UPAUGr
Discover your opportunity with one of the largest financial groups in the world. In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join us and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
We are undergoing a significant transformation to make us not only more agile, but powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients’ and colleagues’ needs first. If you are looking for an outsized impact driving both a technical and cultural (mindset, processes, policies) shift at a large organization in the throes of a deep and comprehensive digital transformation, look no farther.
As part of the Digital Incubation team, we are looking for a energetic and forward-thinking leaders with experience leading full stack teams consisting of modern JS and native mobile skill sets to jumpstart a digital transformation.
You will work alongside and learn from engineers in the high-octane America’s Technology Office (ATO). Leading growing squads of passionate developers to showcase what it means to build, iterate and deliver delightful experiences for our clients. You will define best in class standards/tooling necessary to succeed and serve as a beacon of expertise across the organization.
You must love to code and architect, understand good clean design principles, drive both technology and process change, and work well in a sometimes-messy organizational environment created by the seismic change we are undergoing. Where others might be defeated by systematic challenges, you are energized
by them, refusing to stop until a creative solution is found. This role has significant room for growth and impact.
Intrigued? We would like to meet you if you:
- Understand RESTful services and API design along with how to design micro-service based back ends in a cloud native manner following modern software design methodologies such as 12 factor method
- Git, Docker and similar tools are second nature to you along with creating developer ecosystems and CI/CD pipelines.
- Can work with modern frontend frameworks (e.g., React, Vue.js, Angular) and have experience with building out single page applications.
- Are able to collaborate effectively with UX Designers, Developers, Enterprise Architects and Designers.
- Can clearly and concisely communicate complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose solutions and drive documentation of these following the
- Have experience with performance and optimization problem analysis and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Act as the ultimate decision maker on direction taken and associated key technologies that influence the future of our stack, including how we get there.
- Maintain consistency of vision by being both diplomatic and firm, micromanaging if necessary.
- Identify areas of improvements in the code base and work to make it better.
- Create blueprints of how we should develop and run software
- Give direction on how our consumer facing applications will be architected to drive the evolution and reusability of components.
- Provide technical leadership to the Agile team(s) responsible for developing the UI, API, and backend integration. Work with the Journey Owner, Scrum Master, and other Engineers and Testers to iterate on new features within the Digital Team.
- Collaborate with and teach other Engineers what it means to write high quality code.
- Contribute to and follow our CI/CD process, alongside the rest of the Engineering team and the Consumer Bank as a whole.
- Balance a sense of quality with the need for improvement of both greenfield projects as well as tech debt to improve production/runtime performance.
- Act as “Technical Stakeholder” outside of the development department, and advocate for important changes to the technical roadmap.
- Provide front end technical guidance across functions (i.e. the feasibility of a new feature to our UX team, or an estimate of how long a feature would take to implement to a PM).
- You’ll lead the front-end client-side development as well as APIs and microservices, ensuring all efforts adhere to industry and bank standards.
- Evaluate and audit all front-end development work (whether conducted internally or by external suppliers) to ensure adherence to industry and internal standards.
- Analyze modifications necessary to the stack level architecture triggered by changes in business requirements, processes, or technical requirements, as needed
- Facilitate a mindset shift across the organization to continuously improve and iterate as part of the digital incubation team.
- Develop champions that can make the process repeatable.
How you will grow
I currently have the following opening available in Glendale, CA with a technology incubator for one of the world’s largest financial institutions. Please take a look at the position description below and let me know if you or anyone you know may be interested. More than happy to pass on finders fees for referrals.
Through your variety of experiences here, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
Why you’ll like working here as much as we do
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) employee matching program
- Cash balance pension plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible-spending accounts