If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2GPtYVx
Wild Card is seeking an Strategic Analyst to join our Insights Group. The ideal candidate is part-researcher, part-analyst, part-culture expert — someone who can find what matters in a data set, interpret it and predict what’s next in content and entertainment. From helping our clients greenlight their next film project to informing a brand’s creative strategy, the ideal candidate will be able to identify and analyze audience and cultural insights and tell a story with their work. The ideal candidate will have a unique perspective — our team comes from all kinds of places including studios, ad agencies and more — and not be afraid to throw a creative idea or two out there. Specific responsibilities include:
- Liaise between Wild Card/3AM and data providers ensuring the fulfillment of study objectives.
- Develop appropriate research instruments in service of project goals.
- Assist in the interpretation and communication of findings.
- Develop and maintain a database of data collected through Wild Card/3AM projects.
- Implementing deep audience dives for entertainment, gaming and brand properties
- Developing briefs for creative work and reports on data insights for our creative teams and clients
- Supporting department leads in driving audience ID, creative strategy projects
- Researching, working closely with our data partners and helping maintain a database to further develop our agency insights
- 2-5 years professional experience as a strategist or analyst in entertainment, brand advertising or gaming
- The ability to tell a story in a presentation — distilling quantitative & qualitative output into actionable insights for non-research audiences
- Experience managing and analyzing large data sets — especially for entertainment audience research ○ Including identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Proficiency with social listening tools like Sysomos and consumer research tools like Simmons
- Experience designing research studies from ideation through execution to analysis
- Proficiency with Excel & SPSS or like statistical package — also, able to handle database creation and data management
- Experience with data modeling & visualization a plus
Our ideal candidate has a history of marketing sciences and a strong interest in culture. They might have previously worked at an advertising agency, an entertainment-focused data analysis shop, maybe they spent an unsatisfying year in finance. This person can look at a data set and tell a story in slides. Of course, we’ll be working very closely with them, so client-facing experience isn’t necessary. But we’d be relying on this person for that initial pass to find what matters in our research. They should love the quant side of research and are likely frustrated with the lack impact of their work. Their work here could change how a film is positioned or edited or how a game goes to market — they should especially be excited about how their work will lead to culture-changing decisions. The ideal candidate will also be nimble and adaptable — they should be malleable enough to learn a unique skill set for a highly unique role.