If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2Tq3r2R
A fast-growing company that is passionate about building technologies, inventing products. If you consider yourself a visionary committed to joining a fresh team focused on creating delightfully designed products and experiences that transform industries, let’s start a conversation!
The Head of User Experience designer is responsible for creating interaction design and information architecture documentation and deliverables (wireframes, interaction design patterns, site maps, navigation models, content models, clickable prototypes) for the Company. The design solutions you create will help the team drive the goals of the business by defining and creatively addressing the needs of our users. A firm understanding of user-centered design processes as well as the latest innovations in interaction design and information architecture principles will be crucial to your success. A background or experience with user research is a plus.
- Creating interaction design and information architecture solutions for marketing and transactional websites.
- Understanding the needs, tasks, and goals of diverse target audiences and translating them into easily discoverable elements.
- Working closely with product, brand, design, and engineering teams to translate business requirements into meaningful experiences.
- Facilitating stakeholder interviews, soliciting relevant information, and understanding business objectives.
- Leading and/or participating in immersive user research, concept testing, usability testing, and analytics.
- Leading team of 3 to 4 Designers and help grow that team to around 9 over the next year.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute ideas for improved user task completion, product offering comprehension, and brand expression in a highly collaborative and distributed environment.
- Mentoring and leading designers.
- Experience with user research ideology and processes to better understand the customers and their needs.
- Demonstrated skills using both quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- High familiarity with web development concepts, functionality, processes, and implementation.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and complexity matched only by your desire to organize, untangle, and simplify.
- Strong familiarity and experience with both consumer and business-to-business facing software and sites.
- Creative tactics for managing multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- 6-8 years experience as an interaction designer, information architect, or user experience designer.
- Experience mentoring and leading designers.
- Degree in a design-related field such as Human-Computer Interaction, Computer
- Science, Cognitive Psychology, or Graphic Design preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch,
- Visio, Omnigraffle, InVision, and Zeplin.
- Experience and familiarity with current web technology capabilities: CSS3,
- HTML5, responsive design, cross-device considerations.
- Thorough background in usability and user experience best practices and methodologies.
- Real estate and mortgage experience a plus.
Company offers a full slate of benefits, including; competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, and flexible vacation policy. We embrace a startup culture that includes frequent team events, personal and professional growth opportunities, and other perks as well as fully stocked fridges and kombucha on tap.
More about us:
Collaborative culture that is pervasive throughout every step of an employee’s journey. It starts with our interview process and continues through our weekly team meetings. We value diversity and believe in forming teams in which everyone can be their
authentic self is key to our success. Working hard together as we solve problems for others while building our own dreams. We enjoy a casual, yet fast-paced work environment. Come join us and find out what your career has been missing.