If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2MyxcL8
Sr. Technical Project Manager, Covina CA
Senior Technical Project Manager (TPM) will lead, drive and deliver large, highly cross-functional technology programs. A successful TPM in this role will partner with Engineering/Development, Technical Operations, Product Management, and business stakeholders to develop the project plans, roadmap, and execute the software solution, manage every aspect of the project from product to solution delivery, and communicate the progress at every level of the organization.
- Manage the cross-functional software projects from product/technology roadmap to product and solution delivery, covering a range of areas including software development and testing, operations, change management, human resources and hardware capacity requirement, co-innovation with internal and external partners, vendors and solution/product delivery.
- In conjunction with product management, engineering teams and key business stakeholders manage and prioritize, scope, and define deliverables that support business goals and strategic objectives.
- Define, developed detailed project, and drive the project schedule and ensure on-time delivery for the entire program.
- Understand, identify and manage both technical and non-technical project dependencies and critical paths.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify, communicate and resolve potential risks/conflicts, and create mitigation plans.
- Develop and deliver project updates, proposals, and presentations to executives and all program teams in a timely and clear fashion.
- Execute best practices and governance; define new or improve existing process and tools for project execution, to support and business enablement and project/program management.
- 8-10+ years of experience as project/program manager driving software development projects/programs, including full software development lifecycle from product requirements through implementation to product release and post-release support.
- BA preferred and/or 10+ years of relevant experience required.
- Proven organization and delegation skills with an ability to drive execution of the product roadmap, own the schedule with a track record of delivering projects on time.
- Working knowledge and experience with agile methodology preferred.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and self-starter style.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and coaching other team members.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred.
- PMP Certification (PMI) a plus.
- Working knowledge and fluency with both JIRA, Confluence, Project Management tools are required.
- Experience using JIRA Portfolio a plus.
To be successful:
- Adaptable, collaborative, solution minded and results-driven to successfully drive projects and programs to completion during times of change.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to build strong and positive working relationships with key stakeholders and team members.
- Promote cooperation and trust with team members, senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively prioritize shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities promptly and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Adept at conducting research into program and project issues.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.