If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/3cjUOTm
We are an innovative bio-tech and climate tech company that is disrupting the status quo and on a mission to reverse climate change. What started in 2003 as a question of “what if we could turn greenhouse gas into useful materials?” – a force for good – has turned into “we can and we will” through over a decade of endless trial, error, and determination. Today, we harness greenhouse gas to create a certifiably carbon-negative, regenerative material that can replace plastic and leathers. But the determination doesn’t stop there. It’s also on a mission to inspire communities to make meaningful choices that will help the long-term health of our planet. In fact, while many companies are looking to bring their products and practices to a carbon neutral state, with this technology, We are the only company producing both foodware and apparel that is carbon-negative. And this is just the beginning, as the versatility of the material means future product innovations are endless. The more products we produce, the better the planet gets.
We are looking for passionate, entrepreneurially minded, outside-the-box movers and shakers who live by our CODE – Creativity, Optimism, Determination, Empathy – and want to leverage their skills to positively impact the world we live in for generations to come.
Why this role? (Overview)
As the catalyst for breakthrough experiences and emotive storytelling, as well as being the imaginative leader with the knack for unlocking creative ideas, inspiring visuals and thought-provoking copy, you will own the overall creative strategy in support of our brand building and business driving efforts. With your role as a key member of the marketing leadership team and direct report to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will have a career defining opportunity to build a brand from the ground-up – one with aspirations to become an iconic brand around climate technology, the next wave of meaningful innovation. Imagine the brand you can shape with the inspiration of Tesla meets Patagonia and Apple meets Ben and Jerry’s … If the thought of this excites you, then let’s talk!
How you’ll impact? (Responsibilities)
- Ideate, innovate and inspire with visuals, copy, stories and activations – this is what your destined to do!
- This role is not a “picker of ideas.” In fact, it’s just the opposite – you’ll get your hands dirty and do the best part
of marketing and brand building: create and make things.
- You will be the innovative orchestrator of how the new brand comes to life by leading our creation messaging, visual expressions, and physical activations through a hands-on approach that results in work that drives action in support of positive change.
- Be a master translator of business objectives and marketing strategies into clear creative strategies and impactful (visual, written, digital, social, physical, etc.) executions at the speed of culture.
- Partner closely with multidisciplinary teams, including Commercialization, HR, Product Development, and more to generate impactful ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns, and relevant communications.
- You relish staying on top of trends, assessing real-time data, and keeping up to date with not only the latest marketing innovations, but more importantly, maintaining an innate pulse on culture.
- Strategically lead inspired brainstorming sessions in ways that bring out the best and most creative ideas from the team.
- Shape brand standards, establish brand governance, and create critical processes and systems to ensure creative assets are squarely on brand (identity, tone, voice, etc), regardless of who creates them.
- Meet with cross-functional project leads and explain campaign strategies and solutions
- Develop well-crafted media / channel appropriate copy that is on brand, tone, and voice.
- Lead, collaborate and cultivate a positive, energizing and inspiring team culture with creative team members (full-time, freelancers, consultants, contractors, agencies, etc.), including current and future designers, copywriters, photographers, producers, content creators, etc.
- Ensure excellent, on-brief deliverables are met on time and on budget.
Why this was made for you? (Qualifications)
- A minimum of 10 years of creative experience and a minimum of 3+ years in progress leadership roles with a
natural pulse on culture and industry trends, as well as a strong, innate grasp of social platform idiosyncrasies
and digital innovations – including mobile and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism, or another relevant field.
- Expert in Mac Software, Adobe Creative Suite, and Office 365
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of and experience with all dimensions of marketing communications, including consumer first
experience design and the ability to translate audience insights into effective, innovative, integrated marketing
- In-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models.
- Energized by bringing to life creativity across media, balanced with being a naturally strategic thinker.
- Proven experience translating the brand and objectives into on-brief, creative expressions across
- Energizing and inspiring leader with ability to motivate and unlock creativity not only with creative teams, but
also business partners, while also ensuring the end work aligns with broader business objectives.
- A strong portfolio of experiences that reflect abilities in graphic design, motion graphic design, short-form
videos, photography, editing, storytelling, and copywriting.
- Your passion for design, technology, music, media, content and culture is part of your everyday life.
- Experience building a brand from scratch is preferred.
- Genuinely excited by our mission and the opportunity to use your creative talents to advocate for
- Capable of motivating and influencing others of all levels and stature to act
- Trifecta of being collaborative, creative and strategic – a person who values open, two-way communication and
leverages diverse perspectives to make good ideas and expressions great.