If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2TVCTXu
Openings with very well established company in Covina, CA. They did over $140M in revenue last year, clearing $40M before taxes. Recently brought in a new rockstar CTO who I’ve worked with for 15 years since we’d worked together at Overture/Yahoo! back in early 2000s. He’s basically building out a Tech start-up within this company taking them from old mainframe systems to state of the art, React front end, GoLang backend, Google Cloud as well as building out brand new state of the art 10000 SF offices.
As a senior software engineer, you will lead design and development of backend
systems within a new cloud-based platform. You will work with a diverse
set of technologies, data, and tools, and will be responsible for the build-out of the
core backend capabilities that power our businesses.
- Define best practices for development, test, configuration and release
management for backend systems.
- Work closely with Product Management and business teams to understand
requirements, provide feedback and set clear expectations on what the system
will and will not support.
- Provide capabilities for secure data in transit, in use and at rest.
- Define and implement search capabilities to enable automated and confident
- Provide a library of modules to enable ease of integration for common
- Design and implement a services layer enabling connectivity between various
- Provide proactive support for backend software components and respond to
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems, or
- 10+ years in software design/development, with a majority of time focused on
building backend systems with experience in the following areas:
- Relational, and NoSql databases such as Postgres, MySQL, HBase, Cassandra
- Search and indexing technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr
- Information extraction and matching
- Web Services paradigms such as REST
- RPC technologies such as gRPC, Protocol Buffers, Thrift, SOAP, XMLRPC
- Container management systems such as Kubernetes
- *nix shell scripting
- Experience leading engineering teams on backend services and/or systems
- Expert knowledge of Golang, C, Python or Java.
- Experience designing methods of integration and/or implementing predefined
integration components to enable communication between systems.
- Experience building/deploying software using toolsets within common cloud
infrastructures such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services
- Deep understanding of distributed environments and resource management.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate
with both business and technical teams.