If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2H5lRST
Company is looking for a Senior Server Engineer to join our team in Kirkland, WA. As a Senior Server Engineer, you will join a team of engineers responsible for building the back-end of our mobile game titles.
- Develop code that fulfills the functional requirements of the project, including support for matchmaking, downloadable content, lobbies, and server-side persistence
- Analyze architectural design, code, and overall back-end processes and formulate solutions for improvement.
- Provide input on product schedules, including work estimates
- Identify and communicate technical risks to the team
- Design, implement and maintain tools for game administration
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other engineers
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects, including mobile application development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience.
- Expertise with C#, and to a lesser degree C++, programming languages along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
- Experience with cloud computing services, such as distributed computing, micro-services, and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Amazon EC2 or Windows Azure cloud services.
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, UDP, and in-depth knowledge of game networking models.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Experience working on any of the following is a plus: Orleans framework, Ignite distributed memory grid, Couchbase NoSQL Database, gRPC, Consul, Etcd, Elastic Stack, InfluxDB/Grafana, SaltStack, Terraform, Telegraf, Prometheus.