If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2GDFPHo
About The Company:
One of the top Cannabis Brands in California headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.
About The Role:
As a Business Analyst, Operations, you will be responsible for partnering with operations leaders to provide actionable insights through analysis and reporting for clients across the enterprise, including finance and sales. You will prepare, coordinate, and document operational analysis projects including financial modeling and expense performance, capacity planning, rates of return, and depreciation. Key deliverables include analysis for financial and business-related projects, forecasts, and analysis of trends in operations.
What You’ll Do
- Create business and financial analysis and plans, both retrospective and forward-looking
- Translate complex data into easily comprehensible deliverables, including charts, models, dashboards, and presentations
- Support the supply and demand planning process by partnering with other Finance Analysts, Operations, and Sales to integrate supply and demand planning analysis, that ensure adequate inventory positions to meet demand.
- Budgeting and forecasting of Operational Expenditure (Op Ex) and the financial management of inventory
- Provide accurate forecasts of finished goods COGS in connection with strategic annual and three-year planning processes
- Provide accurate Capex forecasts in connection with strategic annual and three-year planning processes, ensuring forecasts reflect key stakeholder input
- Provide COGS estimates in connection with New Product Development (NPD) analysis
- Ensure inventory is valued and accounted for accurately and consistently in accordance with generally acceptable accounting practices
- Prepare and communicate SOPs as appropriate to teams to ensure proper compliance with accounting controls and procedures
- Provide Capital Expenditure (CapEx) reporting for all projects
- Produce variance analysis for the supply chain team, identifying risk and provide suggested mitigation opportunities to ensure budget targets are met
- Provide integrated reporting on all aspects of our agriculture side of the business. Planting, harvesting and flavor assortment forecasts vs. actuals, and KPIs
- Perform and support capacity modeling and planning across operations and in concert with the R&D team
- Align with your cross-functional peers to create a seamless BI infrastructure across all parts of the enterprise
- Maintain professionalism and live our core values at all times
- Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the position
- Up to 5% of domestic travel expected
What You’ll Need to Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Data Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations, or Business
- Must have minimum 6+ years’ experience in a similar role (preferably in manufacturing or agriculture industry)
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office and/or Google’s G suite
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Demonstrable experience with supply and demand planning and modeling
- Background in inventory management
- Experienced in delivering business results through risk and opportunity identification and planning
- Experience in creating dashboards/data visualizations with tableau, domo, chartio or comparable
- Deliver system and process continuous improvement initiatives
- Track record of sharing insights to align stakeholders on next steps
- Deliver projects on time and on budget
- Aptitude for math and statistics
- Ability to solve complex business problems and conduct investigations
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create easily comprehensible communications and presentations
- Ability to achieve deliverables on time, consistently and accurately
- Adaptable and proactive
- Respectful and professional
- Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire
- Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format