If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2Zp0ZkT
Positions with a very well funded two sided marketplace start-up in Westwood, CA looking for QA Engineer.
Do you want your test services that touch millions of customers across the country? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on projects that move the needle? Come innovate with our Engineering team!
Based in Los Angeles, we provide professional and affordable on-demand tech support via a network of fully vetted independent technicians throughout the US. Our providers deliver a wide range of services, focusing on computer support and repair, home networks, smart home devices and televisions. We are at the intersection of several powerful trends including the “gig” economy, smart homes, and in-home aging.
We are looking for a seasoned and talented Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to serve as the quality lead and strategy owner for large cross-functional projects, scope test requirements, and create quality test plans. You will get the opportunity to define quality metrics for complex products, and identify trends to prevent future defects. You will work closely with Engineering and Product teams as you develop high quality test plans for new features. As a QAE, you will also get multiple opportunities to show your leadership skills and recommend improvements to the way systems are designed and tested.
- Create test strategy, write test plans and design test cases
- Help define and lead the Quality Assurance process
- Implement best practices; including a variety of different testing protocols, tools and metrics
- Work closely with the Engineering team to assure test coverage
- Participate in Agile standup planning sessions.
- Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices
- Execute functional, regression tests, performance and stress testing
- 2+ years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience with testing Embedded systems and/or Device Firmware
- Experience developing high quality test plans and test cases
- Experience with testing methodologies such as TDD, regression, automation, monkey testing, etc.
- Experience with code coverage, profiling, and performance/load testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile software development, use of software IDEs, use of source control management
- The ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems
- Proven experience defining and leading an effective quality assurance process
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Experience with white box testing
- Experience with Selenium, Cypress or other Web UI automation frameworks is a
- Direct experience testing applications for mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Experience with customer facing applications