If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2CYes8y
Product Development Manager will be responsible for researching, developing, and launching new products for a company. Responds to company initiatives by driving new products to meet customer needs.
The key responsibilities include influencing and working as an external advocate and liaison with market participants including but not limited to: clients, partners, data providers, and distribution channels, to ensure high quality products and differentiated long-term value propositions.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Execute commercial strategies and product roadmap (creative business model evolution over lifecycle of products, deal structuring judgment, value-based pricing, promotions, sales enablement & business development, client leadership) to drive new era of profitable growth
- Focus on bringing new and innovative products to market to maximize revenue growth and diversify products within the business line
- Assess market opportunity for new/existing products, new verticals, and estimating the ROI for new initiatives
- Maintain information on competitive offerings and deliver clearly differentiated products
- Manage product lifecycle of existing product portfolio including enhancements and exits
- Prioritize investments within resource allocation guidelines and budget
- Work with product management team to ensure process is efficient.
Establish milestone and objectives.
Define product vision.
Participate in cross-functional teams to execute product development plan.
Conduct periodic product analysis and optimize as needed.
Partner with Sales and Operations teams to drive product strategy and vision
- Set pricing strategy for product portfolio
- Lead the product decision process for new product development and product upgrades
- RFPs/RFIs/Contracts: set strategy and advise on business terms
- Understanding and anticipating client needs
- Work with sales enablement to ensure clear product value propositions and clearly articulated competitive differentiation
Develop and strengthen relationships with key clients, partners, government sponsored entities (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac), strategic partners, data providers and distribution channels.
Develop and champion approval of business case and business plans for new products up through executive level
- Influence decisions made by key stakeholders
- Secure funding approval for product offerings
- Matrix manage the full set of cross-functional resources and provide prioritized direction for strategic positioning
Establish financial projections for product roadmap and manage to product portfolio budget as forecasted. Be accountable for revenue and EBITDA margins for the departmental budget.
This position will perform other duties as assigned based on the needs of the department.
- 10+ years of experience within product development management driving software development projects/programs, including full software development lifecycle from product requirements through implementation to product release and post release support.
- Proven organization and delegation skills with ability to drive execution of the product roadmap, own the schedule with a track record of delivering projects on time.
- Working knowledge and experience with agile methodology preferred.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and self-starter style.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and coaching other team members.
- The successful candidate must be a business-oriented, innovative, and strategic leader with progressive product development experience, ideally in the mortgage servicing, payments or fintech space.
- Track record of conceiving and executing creative new commercial strategies (business models, value-based pricing, deal structures, solutions marketing) in data businesses.
Required Education and Experience:
BA preferred and/or 10+ years of relevant experience required.
Preferred Education & Experience:
MBA highly preferred.
This position is directly responsible for leading managers of the division and indirectly responsible for all employees within the division.