If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2QWuK3Q
Openings with very well established Financial services company in Covina, CA around since the mid 80’s. They did over $140M in revenue last year, clearing $40M before taxes. Recently brought in a new rockstar CTO who I’ve worked with for 15 years since we’d worked together at Overture/Yahoo! back in the early 2000s. He’s basically building out a Tech start-up within this company taking them from old mainframe systems to state of the art, React front end, GoLang backend, Google Cloud as well as building out brand new state of the art 10,000 SF offices, moving them from an old Financial Service firm to a state of the art FinTech company.
As a Product Designer, you’ll be working closely with a team of engineers, researchers, product managers, and other cross-functional teammates. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from concept to launch and all iterations in between.
Your goal will be to take product strategy and research insights and turn them into simple, innovative, and delightful products that people will rely on every day. Your designs will optimize for intuition and accuracy, and provide them confidence in their daily tasks.
What you’ll do
- Create product designs for complex client-facing products by employing design thinking and applying human-centered design principles.
- Understand the voice of the business and partner with product managers to help gather and vet product requirements.
- Empathize with users and realize the underlying motivations for what they do on a daily basis.
- Understand technical challenges and partner with developers to provide workable design solutions.
- Work closely with user researchers by assisting in user interviews and usability testing to help inform your design decisions.
- Communicate your designs effectively through user flows, mind maps, wireframes, prototypes, and other design deliverables.
- Collaborate with other designers to challenge and augment our collective design knowledge.
What types of skills and experience you’ll need
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Product Design, User Experience, Interaction Design, or other relevant fields.
- Experience in designing SaaS products and business-related tools.
- Design portfolio showcasing examples of design thinking and interaction design work.
- Solid knowledge of industry design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Axure, and others.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment.
- An overall passion and appreciation for design across different mediums and industries.