If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/34bR3tB
Positions with a very well funded two sided marketplace start-up in Westwood, CA looking for Principal Backend Software Engineer.
Do you want your work in front of millions of customers across the country? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle? Come innovate with our Engineering team!
Based in Los Angeles, we provide professional and affordable on-demand tech support via a network of fully vetted independent technicians throughout the US. Our providers deliver a wide range of services, focusing on computer support and repair, home networks, smart home devices and televisions. We are at the intersection of several powerful trends including the “gig” economy, smart homes, and in-home aging.
We are seeking talented software engineers to help us build scalable, robust, rock-solid software solutions. Our ideal Principal Software Development Engineer candidate will exhibit a passion for building top-notch scalable services, software that provides a smooth customer experience, and communication skills that establish trust. You will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools. You will be the team's engineering lead and will work with other engineers within the team and across teams to define our technical roadmap, ensure successful delivery of projects, and promote the long-term technical health of our services.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work experience, or 5 years of relevant work experience with a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience working with one or more from the following: Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Mobile Application Development, Embedded Systems, Front End Development, Security and Privacy.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.