If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2k5zZ6A
Amazing opportunity with company doing extremely cutting edge Holographic Displays with no glasses, headsets etc. Just display floating in-front of and behind the display in midair.
- Company is working on real Holography, w/ no Headgear.
- Raised nearly $30M A Series from top venture firms, Great opportunity for the right person.
- Team has experience in all aspects of the ecosystem, but sees the linchpin as the display hardware so that is our primary focus at this time.
- Primary belief of the Company is that shared experiences can only be meaningfully driven with Holography.
- To make Holography work, many pixels are needed (think Gigapixels)
- Supporting a multi-Gigapixel Holographic display requires new technology, and we have a large IP portfolio in support of the innovations required
- One such area of innovation is the mechanisms to drive the correct light emissions to support the visual acuity of the human eye.
- Ultimately, we envision enabling myriad applications, including the concept of a true Holodeck, similar to what has been visualized in science fiction.
- Need team members who want to be part of the next step is visual display.
This is the opportunity to work on the development of the world’s highest resolution holographic display. The Polymer Scientist will leverage their knowledge of polymers to create materials to be used in optical imaging applications. S/he will play a crucial role in creating advanced optical materials to be used in prototype and production light field displays.
We are seeking a senior polymer engineer/chemist to contribute to new product development, existing product improvement and both internal and external technical support. The ideal candidate should be a creative, entrepreneurial and passionate technical expert in the field of the applied polymer chemistry and synthesis. Strong knowledge or interest in optics is desired. This position will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and engage with suppliers to develop materials in support of utilizing polymers for optical imaging applications
- Build knowledge and expertise with the chemical formulation and key properties (optical and mechanical) of the polymer materials currently used in the fabrication process of optical fiber draws
- Synthesize polymer material with improved performances and reliability using existing catalog compounds and/or custom compounds
- Develop new manufacturing processes with enhanced repeatability and robustness to resist known deployment conditions
- Drive product improvement activities related to internal and external requests
- Coordinate activities between the Engineering and the Operation groups in order manage SOP’s, raw material supply and quality control of incoming material
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MS/Ph.D. polymer science or equivalent with structure-property skill set is strongly desired
- Strong knowledge and formulation experience especially in epoxy, urethane, polyesters, acrylics, silicones, polyamides, polyimides, and water-based systems
- Expertise in polymer chemistry, formulation and analytical diagnostics and instruments (such as DMA, FTIR, reflectometry, rheometry) is a requirement
- Strong interest or experience in novel applications of polymers for optical imaging
- Familiarity with optical fiber draw techniques
- Must be hands on in addition to having strong planning and project management skills to assure that both urgent and longer term projects are completed
- Expertise in manufacturability with reasonable knowledge of process design
- Entrepreneurial in nature, able to work independently as part of a technical team that is supporting a dynamic sales organization
- Technical leadership skills including DOE, and quality management systems such as ISO and 6 sigma methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to support the business leadership team in managing the overall enterprise, within a flexible small company environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience (job title commensurate with experience) in scientific R&D positions, either in industry or in academic research group