If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2k9UzTf
PINATA is on a mission to power the $1T experiential-marketing industry from end to end.
PINATA is a high-growth, post-Series-A technology company based in New York City. Our platform is built to transform experiential marketing in much the same way that Marketo, Hubspot, Yext, Mailchimp, and others have transformed digital marketing.
Representing about 20% of global CPG marketing spend, experiential is a broad category encompassing offline brand activations of all kinds — product demos, consumer and B2B events, trade promotions, pop-ups, guerilla marketing, and much more. From startups to world-renowned brands, enterprise marketing teams rely on PINATA for unprecedented efficiency, transparency, analytics, and performance-improvement in this important channel, which has historically lacked a powerful technology solution.
Our team is collaborative, hard-working, and high-performing. We value dedication, diversity, and positivity in equal measure. Our leadership team and Board are industry leaders, including the founder of the nation’s leading CPG recruitment firm and C-suite executives from F500 enterprise companies. Following a recent fundraising round, we are looking to build significant scale in the immediate.
About the role
We’re seeking a highly motivated, experienced VP of Software Sales to join our small yet mighty team. Reporting directly to the CEO, he or she will be responsible for driving the company’s sales and commercial strategy for our marquee technology platform. Working closely with Customer Success, Marketing, and Operations, and alongside our VP of Enterprise Sales, this critical role is charged with structuring, building and leading the software sales team, along with developing sales and retention strategies that will enable scaled distribution.
This person will need to:
- Lead by hands-on example
- Test new strategies in software sales, pricing, on-boarding, and retention
- Formalize a commercial strategy and teach others to deploy it according to their roles
- Develop and roll out sales team structure and commission plans
- Recruit, hire, train, incentivize, and evaluate front-line software sales staff (both local and remote)
- Leverage and amplify networks effects in a multi-sided marketplace
- Clearly communicate management directives and establish a clear atmosphere of teamwork and comradery
You should have…
- 5+ years experience in B2B software, in roles related to commercialization and revenue growth (sales experience is necessary; marketing, product, finance, and customer success are also highly valued)
- Ability to manage and teach small teams
- Ability to create and deliver sales plans to be executed in the field
- Experience in software pricing strategy
- Experience amplifying network effects
- Creative thinker; comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion and energy to shape the future of a young company that’s poised to fundamentally change a major industry