If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/3nVHhG1
Opening available with a very cool cutting edge start-up in San Jose, CA doing real Holographic Display with no Headgear.
Recently raised around~$30MM in seed from top venture firms and Strategic Partners.
Team has experience in all aspects of the ecosystem but sees the linchpin as the display hardware so that is our primary focus at this time.
Primary belief of the Company is that shared experiences can only be meaningfully driven with Holography.
To make Holography work, many pixels are needed (think Gigapixels)
Supporting a multi-Gigapixel Holographic display requires new technology, and we have a large IP portfolio in support of the innovations required
One such area of innovation is the mechanisms to drive the correct light emissions to support the visual acuity of the human eye.
Ultimately, we envision enabling myriad applications, including the concept of a true Holodeck, similar to what has been visualized in science fiction.
Need team members who want to be part of the next step in visual display.
Vinod Khosla, Founder, Khosla Ventures: “This is essentially the holy grail of optical display technology, enabling things that seem like science fiction to be possible today. We are thrilled to be in on the ground floor with the team and look forward to helping evolve this exciting technology.
The Test and Automation Engineer will play a key role in the development of the world’s first high-resolution holographic display. The ideal candidate will be an automation expert at heart and also enjoy spending time in the lab to build and test optical assemblies. He/she will write and test computer programs for acquiring and analyzing data, and for running automated calibration and test procedures for use on a production line. This engineer will be responsible for characterizing optical components and building prototype optical display systems, and he/she will work with mechanical engineers to generate test fixtures. The Test and Automation Engineer will be working with a team of other automation and test engineers, mechanical engineers, optical engineers, and experts in light field display technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop automated and semi-automated calibration procedures for light field technologies, including beam profile characterization, determining geometry corrections, color matching for multiple displays, determining intensity and color shifts with temperature and time, etc.
- Write computer programs for calibration, automated test, and data analysis in Python and C++. Apply basic image processing.
- Construct test stations using optical measurement equipment such as CMOS-sensor cameras, color analyzers/spectrophotometers, power meters, optical microscopes, etc.
- Assist in new product development by performing bench top optical experiments to characterize emissive displays, refractive and diffractive optical elements, optical waveguides and relays, and opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Analyze calibration data, apply specs, and write results to a database. Assist in creating database reports.
- Work with mechanical engineers to develop opto-mechanical structures required for calibration and test of optical assemblies.
- Perform build ups and tear downs of prototype opto-mechanical assemblies, including the build and simple debugging of electronics where required.
- Run Gage R&R experiments to determine repeatability and reproducibility of measurements.
- Develop new alignment procedures and assembly methods for light field hardware components.
- Help maintain a calibration and test code base repository. Perform code reviews for peers.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to maintain the lab, keep lab supplies up to date, support OSHA compliance, and follow good clean room practices.
- Recommend and purchase measurement systems for gathering optical data.
- Assist in establishing a production line.
- Help maintain a database, including reports on builds.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years of experience in product development of imaging systems, optical fiber communication systems, display systems, or other optical systems.
- At least 2 years of experience in bench top testing and characterization of optical components and assemblies which include lenses, diffractive elements, optical filters, optical fiber, imaging sensors, test charts, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience in programming in C++ or Python for automation of optical characterization and test in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic image processing skills.
- Familiarity with cameras and microscope optics
- Experience with optical assemblies, including positioning systems, alignment of components, and bonding.
- Familiar with the specification and assembly of opto-mechanical structures and tooling required to hold, align, mount, and characterize optical components and systems.
- Familiarity with optical breadboard setups consisting of translation stages, rails, mounts, and clamps.
- Database experience desired.
- Familiarity with electronics, reading schematics, and basic debugging of circuits.
- Familiar with best practices for maintaining an optical lab, including clean room procedures, storage of hazardous chemicals, and maintenance of basic lab supplies.
- Product development of optical systems
- Automated test
- Characterization of optical components and assemblies
- Design, assembly, and build of optical systems
- Programming in Python and C++
- Basic image processing
- Cameras and microscope optics
- Database experience in a production environment
- Opto-mechanical structures
- Basic electronics circuits