JJA Portland based client @OpenSesame leader in on demand elearning - seeks experienced, result driven VP marketing. More here >>> http://bit.ly/29FFofe
OpenSesame is unlocking the eLearning revolution as the world’s most trusted provider of on-demand eLearning courses for the enterprise. Its platform makes buying and selling eLearning courses as easy as downloading from iTunes. The company is changing enterprise eLearning from long and boring to fun and relevant. Its mission is to make training easy so that people can advance themselves and their careers quickly.
Growth has been explosive, with bookings soaring 210% in 2015 and expected to grow 250% in 2016. In 2015, the company grew to 167 customers and scale to 330 this year. The average deal size has doubled in each of the past two years and is expected to double again in 2016.
To support its rapid growth, OpenSesame needs an experienced, data-driven VP of Marketing with a track record of success in B2B (enterprise-focused) brand building, demand gen and content marketing. The company is seeking a true leader who can think strategically. as well as tactically, and develop and mentor a small in-house team today while building out the function as a strategic partner to the senior management team.
The VP Marketing will guide all day-to-day aspects of marketing, including account based marketing, content marketing, social marketing, and marketing automation. Using a deft combo of strategic eye and handson touch, the VPM will develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns to a variety of industry verticals and company sizes, including organized lead and demand generation programs, brand building, and cooperative campaigns with OpenSesame’s channel partners, along with PR. The VP Marketing must be adept at balancing the needs of lead-gen and direct response with brand building.
The VP Marketing will also measure and analyze return on spend to ensure the company is allocating resources optimally to drive pipeline, bookings and marketplace awareness.
Experience somewhere in eLearning would be great, but is not required. Ditto for selling into enterprise scale HR organizations. Most important, perhaps, are solid B2B chops marketing SaaS type solutions to larger enterprise customers.
This executive will need to be well versed in working closely with a sales team (currently about 15 strong), managing a diverse tech stack and marketing to partners, as well as existing customers to help them be successful leveraging the OpenSesame platform. We are not seeking a quasi-Sales pro, but the VPM will bring complementary skills to make sales even better.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in B2B marketing roles of increasing responsibility, working in both hands-on and strategic capacities.
- Minimum five years’ experience in all of these areas: Brand Development, Content Marketing, Email Marketing, Marketing Automation, and managing lead flow, tracking and reporting in Salesforce.
- Someone who’s “seen the picture show before” in a company of similar size/stage – as either the leader or perhaps second in command ready to move up.
- Experience supporting software sales teams.
- Team building and leadership experience.
- Proficiency with CRM and marketing automation systems, such as Salesforce, Marketo, Adroll, Pardot, Eloqua and others.
- Experience developing and delivering effective marketing communications; managing PR, ad and creative agencies to drive messaging.
- Experience setting and effectively managing a significant marketing budget, and designing appropriate metrics to determine effectiveness.
- Proven track record generating results and desire to “own the numbers” and ROI metrics.
- Ability to establish and track KPIs and reporting to key executive stakeholders; own responsibility for achieving revenue objectives.
- Excellent business writing and copywriting skills (work samples may be required).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA a plus.