If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2DwNlC8
We are looking for an organized and detail-oriented New Product Introduction Engineer to work with optical, SW, Materials, and EE R&D teams to develop and refine the manufacturing production line for the world’s first high-resolution holographic display. The ideal candidate is an automation expert at heart; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in a startup development environment and works well within a team structure. S/he is a hands-on engineer that spends a lot of time in the lab constantly testing products, troubleshooting problems, and improving the manufacturing process by leveraging the experience of launching successful hardware products in the past. Job title and compensation is commensurate with skill set and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead engineering builds of optical assemblies, optomechanical parts, and light field video display panels.
- Contribute to design and bring up of fixtures and test stations with the goal of mass production flow and integration.
- Develop QA processes
- Actively engage in hardware and software bring-up of advanced display products which include optical assemblies and custom PCBs with FPGAs.
- Write calibration software primarily in Python or C to add manufacturing hooks such as database calls and management of spec pass/fail values.
- Write test scripts and test SW to exercise prototype hardware for the purpose of test.
- Contribute fixes and features to test software.
- Debug hardware, software, and firmware problems exposed by production testing.
- Establish production processes with documented process instructions
- Help create and maintain a production database with serial numbers, test results, and product configuration information.
- Physically set up and maintain an efficient production line for optical assemblies and PCBs.
- Maintain an inventory and ensure availability of required equipment, tools, and parts.
- Supervise operators on the production line, both for engineering builds and production processes.
- Collaborate with cross functional EE, SW, and Optical Test teams to perform failure analysis in order to root-cause product issues
- Other tasks as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to maintain the lab, keep lab supplies up to date, support OSHA compliance, and follow good cleanroom practices.
- Recommend and purchase measurement systems for gathering optical data.
- Recommend and purchase manufacturing equipment.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, or Manufacturing Engineering, or the equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in an engineering environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in writing SW or test scripts.
- Direct experience leading one or more complete cycles of a hardware product launch, including prototype and engineering builds, manufacturing process set-up, and production process optimization. Transfer to CM experience is a plus.
- Understanding of program management, risk assessment, and planning.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including assembly and test.
- Experience with optical components such as lenses, imaging sensors, optical filters, and optomechanical parts.
- Experience with QA/QC on a production line.
- Familiar with optical processes such as the handling, alignment, and bonding of optical components.
- Familiar with testing PCBs.
- Database experience desired.
- Familiarity with CAD programs (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.) is desired.
- Familiar with best practices for maintaining an optical lab, including cleanroom procedures, storage of hazardous chemicals, and maintenance of basic lab supplies.
- Process driven; good at inventing and documenting processes and workflows.
- Strong understanding of program management, particularly as it relates to risk management.
- Excellent understanding of QA/QC, both for local contractors and overseas suppliers.
- Good negotiator; knows how to make appropriate trade-offs that lead to desirable outcomes.
- Has a reasonable understanding of finance, specifically related to investment returns and costing methods.
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k