If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2X0xdja
Company is working on real Holography, w/ no Headgear. Recently raised around~$30MM in seed from top venture firms and Strategic Partners. Team has experience in all aspects of the ecosystem, but sees the linchpin as the display hardware so that is our primary focus at this time. Primary belief of the Company is that shared experiences can only be meaningfully driven with Holography.
To make Holography work, many pixels are needed (think Gigapixels). Supporting a multi-Gigapixel Holographic display requires new technology, and we have a large IP portfolio in support of the innovations required. One such area of innovation is the mechanisms to drive the correct light emissions to support the visual acuity of the human eye. Ultimately, we envision enabling myriad applications, including the concept of a true Holodeck, similar to what has been visualized in science fiction. Need team members who want to be part of the next step is visual display.
We are searching for a talented and experienced hands-on Mechanical Engineer with work experience in designing and machining optomechanical parts, assemblies, and fixtures used in research and production. The candidate should have experience with CAD software such as SolidWorks, as well as the programming and operation of a 5-axis CNC machine. S/he will be responsible for ensuring our company produces quality parts and tools specific to engineering drawings and client standards.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled professional with excellent attention to detail and mechanical aptitude. In order to excel in this role, the ideal candidate must possess in-depth knowledge of the latest software, equipment and techniques in the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use your knowledge of mechanical design principles and fabrication processes to create fixtures and tools. Use 3D CAD tools (e.g. SolidWorks) to design parts, assemblies, and drawings.
- Work with other engineers to design fixtures and parts.
- Use your knowledge of the latest CAM software tools and techniques for CNC programming to machine different type of materials including polymers.
- Rely on your knowledge of tool selection, cutting speeds, and toolpaths for different types of materials.
- Hands on experience in operation of CNC machines.
- Design, directly fabricate, assemble, and test prototypes.
- Perform proper set-up and calibration procedures for all equipment and accessories to be used on projects.
- Ensure that every machine procedure is done in accordance with the guidelines of the company.
- Set-up and manage CNC machines to perform different jobs including drilling, grinding and milling.
- Translate engineering drawings and requirements into dimensions for production.
- Oversee the machines while they execute the tasks and make the necessary changes to produce improved results.
- Check machinery on a daily basis to guarantee functionality.
- Record all machine actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Provide timelines to clients.
- Ensure that results of machining process align with expectations.
- Conduct regular CNC machine assessments.
- Iterate on assemblies for development and for production activities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform some direct machining of critical parts, and assemble and test prototype optomechanical systems
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or commensurate experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a CNC Machine Operator.
- 3D CAD CAM experience (e.g. SolidWorks) making assemblies, parts, and drawings.
- Hands-on skills such as machining, mechanical assembly, electromechanical integration, possibly soldering, etc.
- Ability to translate mechanical documents and engineering drawings.
- Great attention to detail with a goal-driven attitude.
- Strong comprehension and analytical abilities.
- General computer skills.