If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2snRorr
Great opportunity with a with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate studio work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Working on one of the Worlds top games and gaming environments committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry. Company takes VERY good care of their employees. Half the team has been there 5 plus years, half of them 10 plus years and half of them over 20 years.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Lead Java Backend Developer to drive our Game Services initiative forward. First and foremost, that means knowing how to build and lead strong engineering teams leveraging a mixture of internal and external resources. It also means assuming responsibility as Technical Owner for a variety of highly scalable multi-tenant game services. You will not be spoon-fed technical specifications or be stuck maintaining existing codebases. Instead, you will be faced with interesting, challenging, evolving problems that require a creative yet disciplined approach. Your team will work with product managers, game designers, producers, and more to understand needs, design solutions, and make them a reality.
What You Will Do:
- Own backend services related to the Game Services initiative for Core Technology
- Build a strong engineering team comprised of a mixture of internal and external resources
- Work with product managers to gather requirements from stakeholders
- Lead the development effort and build services to meet these requirements
- Ensure your services can handle the load generated by users from multiple AAA titles
- Mentor engineers, helping develop them into strong individual contributors and/or managers
- Interface with external groups to provide integration support, strategy, and direction
- Help set team standards around documentation, programming best practices, and overall code quality
- Maintain a strong collaborative work relationship with fellow engineers and team members
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
We are looking for an engineer with a proven ability to build and lead successful engineering teams. Candidates should have senior-level experience building, scaling, and maintaining online services. Even better would be experience building backend game services for mobile or AAA titles. That said, our team values strong leadership, management, and fundamental software engineering skills over any specific language/technology experience. We also place a lot of importance on individuals being self-motivated and self-directed.
If you are an engineering leader with experience building online services, especially those in the mobile and/or AAA game space, we think you will be a great fit and we’d love to hear from you!
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineering lead or manager
- 7+ years of professional programming experience (Java proficiency preferred)
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming principals
- 5+ years of professional experience with REST APIs and other types of web services
- Hands-on experience building highly scalable applications and infrastructures (AWS experience preferred)
- 3+ years of professional experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- 3+-years of professional experience with caching and queuing technologies
- B.S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated attitude with an ability to carry ideas from inception to completion