If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2Vu1PbK
Positions available with one of the most cutting edge technology companies I’ve worked with in my 20+ yrs of recruiting and anchored my seasoned veterans who’ve had previous successful companies introducing new cutting edge technologies.
- Company is working on real Holography, w/ no Headgear.
- Raised ~30MM Series A from top venture firms,. Great opportunity for the right person.
- Team has experience in all aspects of the ecosystem, but sees the linchpin as the display hardware so that is our primary focus at this time.
- Primary belief of the Company is that shared experiences can only be meaningfully driven with Holography.
- To make Holography work, many pixels are needed (think Gigapixels)
- Supporting a multi-Gigapixel Holographic display requires new technology, and we have a large IP portfolio in support of the innovations required
- One such area of innovation is the mechanisms to drive the correct light emissions to support the visual acuity of the human eye.
- Ultimately, we envision enabling myriad applications, including the concept of a true Holodeck, similar to what has been visualized in science fiction.
- Need team members who want to be part of the next step is visual display.
Vinod Khosla, Founder, Khosla Ventures: “This is essentially the holy grail of optical display technology, enabling things that seem like science fiction to be possible today. We are thrilled to be in on the ground floor with the team, and look forward to helping evolve this exciting technology.”
Please take a look at the description below and let me know if you or anyone you know would be available/interested in discussing. More than happy to pass on finders fees for referrals.
This is the opportunity to work on the development of the world’s highest resolution holographic display. The Lab Technician will play a crucial role in assembling and processing advanced optical materials to be used in prototype and production light field displays. He/she will also build and test some of the world’s most advanced optical components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble systems in the lab, consisting of optical materials, electronics, and custom mechanical structures.
- Work with engineers to measure the properties of optical components.
- Carry out experiments to determine the best manufacturing processes for optimal optical alignment, bonding, and system testing.
- Work with engineers to develop methods for forming and processing revolutionary materials to be used in light field displays.
- Use mechanical fixtures in manufacturing and help develop requirements for such fixtures.
- Build detailed assemblies that may take several hours to complete.
- Carry out design-of-experiments (DOE) plans over periods of several days or weeks, in which one or more process parameters may be varied, and maintain detailed lab records.
- Maintain an organized lab environment, and order consumables and other common lab supplies.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Familiar with basic tools such as torque wrenches, ball drivers, and saws.
- Able to perform simple mechanical modifications using a hand drill or Dremel tool.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working in a lab environment.
- Ability to find and purchase basic lab equipment and lab supplies.
- Comfortable with development and manufacturing environments.
- Familiar with the operation of industrial ovens.
- Experience operating automated testing software.
- Comfortable with cleanroom practices and procedures.
- Able to manipulate and modify small assemblies.
- Willing to work on detailed assemblies for several hours at a time.
- Able to carry out a DOE plan and maintain detailed lab records.
- Experience with mechanical fixtures for manufacturing.
- 3+ years of experience in a lab environment.
- Familiar with UV cure bonding and ultrasonic cleaning is desired.
- Experience with forming and molding materials for manufacturing is a plus.
- Familiarity with optical components such as lenses, test charts, cameras, microscopes, and filters are desired.
- Experience with optical assemblies, including positioning systems, alignment, and bonding is desired.
- Familiarity with optical breadboard setups consisting of translation stages, rails, mounts, and clamps is a plus.
- Lab environment and basic lab equipment
- Sourcing of basic lab equipment and supplies
- Familiar with development and manufacturing environments
- Industrial ovens
- Operation of automated testing software
- Cleanroom experience
- Able to build and modify small assemblies
- DOE plans
- Mechanical fixtures for manufacturing
- Basic understanding of optical components (desired)
- Assembly of optical systems (desired)
- Optical breadboard setups (desired)
- Forming and molding materials for manufacturing (desired)
- Proficient in basic computer skills