If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2MNlmAZ
Jukin’s is a strong, sustainable, growing and profitable business. As MCNs and Web 2.0 content companies have fallen by the wayside, Jukin has soared. In an incredibly dynamic media environment, evidenced by Disney’s cord cutting with Netflix in favor of its own proprietary OTT platform, Jukin’s market value is at a premium—but the road ahead requires strategic planning and execution beyond the traditional social platforms. This market consolidation and disruption make this great timing and a great opportunity for a transformative digital media executive to take on the newly created role of General Manager, Brands (GMB) to lead Jukin Media’s digital brand offerings to the next level.
Jukin has 5 Owned & Operated (O&O) brands that receive over 4 billion monthly views from their over 125 million fans. Each of these brands has a unique voice and audience which sponsors, and advertisers are able to leverage to create targeted and engaging branded content. In order to continue to grow and scale our business through a time of continued industry-wide disruption, these brands must find new opportunities to engage and monetize these audiences and reduce the O&O Brands’ dependency on third party platforms.
The General Manager, Brands will be the key thought leader of these O&O Brands, responsible for developing and executing on the big-picture vision for brand and audience expansion into new revenue streams and ventures. This role will be challenged with developing promotional strategies for the brands in new areas such as merchandise and live events, testing emerging technologies and activating on new platforms, and building collaborative partnerships.
As the first GMB at Jukin Media, the road ahead requires a seasoned brand leader who can take true ownership of the brands business. A key member of the organization, the General Manager, Brands will lead the cross-functional brand teams, working closely with the Senior Vice President of Programming, the Vice President of Production, and the Head of Sales. As a strategic business partner, this position will work closely with Analytics, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Licensing and any external partners, vendor or clients.
GM, Brands’ Charter
- Own the P&L of Jukin’s brands business and oversee the programming and production department budgets and plans.
- Create scalable brand and audience strategies that span multiples business goals and channels of revenue.
- Oversee strategy and execution of each brand’s business plan and revenue generating initiatives.
- Lead the collection and analysis of data on audience and third-party platform engagement and monetization.
- Identify and spearhead the acquisition of potential new brands that would successfully fit within Jukin’s brands business.
- Facilitate and enhance ongoing relationships with third-party platforms and partners; negotiate and implement new partnerships to support revenue growth objectives.
- Shepherd the brand voice, safety and external brand reputation and management.
- Digital Media and content (preferably video) veteran who has ideally owned multiple brands with unique voices and audiences. Highly in-tune with the digital media landscape, always looking for partnerships and technologies that will shape the future of the industry.
- General Manager with prior P&L responsibility and leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Owned the number! Been responsible for (and achieved) revenue targets; shown an ability to think broadly about monetization of an audience.
- Extensive experience with successful brand building strategy and execution; a proven track record of generating revenue through innovative audience growth strategies.
- A startup mentality and leadership style. Reputation for being flexible and resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done ethos. Built a business in a resource constrained environment.
- A strong leader with the ability to inspire and manage teams to meet goals in a rapidly changing and evolving environment.
- Cooperative and committed to working with business unit leaders as the voice of the brands business.
Additional Requirements & Qualifications
- Leader and Motivator: A builder of teams and companies who has previously recruited “A Players” and delivered high-performance and results; a willing mentor who has helped people to realize their potential
- Great Communicator: with a compelling presence, self-confidence, gravitas and a certain level of intensity; Storyteller, presenter and convincing communicator (both verbal and written) with the ability to instill confidence with key internal and external constituencies
- Intelligent: Must have high-level intellectual bandwidth
- Strategic: Proven high-level creative-thinker and problem-solver
- Entrepreneurial: Flexible and resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality
- Deeply Analytical: The ability to lead the collection and analysis of data that drives the brand strategy and initiatives
- Results focused and action oriented: A willingness to experiment fast and change course even faster to yield the best results
- Disciplined: Focused on managing costs and schedules
- Hands-on: Able to not just delegate but also execute without ego; not afraid to take on the heavy lifting and lead by example; can thrive without the big resources, big brand or big corporate processes
- Credible: Brings reputation, relationships and track record that give company the stamp of approval within media community. Highest standards of integrity, honesty and judgment
- Extensive time and project management experience: Able to translate large scale ideas into action plans