If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2JwP8bH
With over 1,500 recipes from some of the best names in food—celebrity chefs, major brands, and culinary influencers, Chef’d is the only subscription-free meal marketplace allowing you to discover new foods the way you want—no strings attached.
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Chef’d is an e-commerce meal marketplace that partners with some of the world’s largest consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies (think Smithfield, Coke, and Campbell’s), retail grocers (currently rolling out at Gelson’s, Costco and >20 others), massive food-service platforms (like Aramark), media outlets (NY Times) and more than 100 celebrated chefs/culinary influencers to offer thousands of meal solutions that make it easy for anyone to cook high-quality meals at home.
Insights into The GC’s Charter
At a high level, Chef’d is a “powered by” platform for delivering a massive assortment of meal kits nationwide through a set of over 150 (and growing weekly) Partner organizations. Each of these relationships has a somewhat standardized, yet often nuanced set of agreements, rights, terms, etc. This requires a legal/contracts function that is smart, strategic and streamlined. Herein lies the core requirement for the GC and the function. Chef’d CEO, Kyle Ransford, is seeking a Full Stack GC with startup work and management style (hands-on doer and not just a delegator) who is/brings:
- Corporate Finance veteran with significant fundraising, roadshows and successful financing rounds working w/ bankers, VC, PE, corporate strategic investors
- Heavy “channel-based” business model so prefer experience in distribution, white label, rev-share deals/partnerships
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Cap table management, options waterfall, warrants, etc.
- HR and Employment law. Owned employment matters, including implementing policies and guiding compliance. Co. has very diverse employee population with hundreds and soon thousands of hourly warehouse and fulfillment associates in addition to front office.
- Joint ventures, production, content and media deals (licensing in and out, rights, IP)
- Facilities, Leases, TI, real estate transaction experience
- Patent/IP protection potential in several areas
- As the title implies, Counsel. Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management on any decision or course of action. Serve as a trusted advisor and coach to business units
- Provide counsel and strategic support to sales, business and corporate development beyond the lawyering—be a business enabler
- Support Finance team with corporate structuring and tax planning
- Set internal governance policies and manage external risk/legal exposure for issues like immigration, insurance questions, etc.
- Provide companywide training to the on legal topics
- Manage outside counsel and oversee vendor relationships relative to contracts/transactions and legal issues
- Draft and negotiate all agreements for service providers, vendors, partners, licensees, users, etc.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc.)
- Minimum 4 yrs. experience at a top corporate firm representing growth stage companies (or equivalent experience) with significant experience in transactional law
- Ideally in-house experience general counseling in a business environment
- Proven ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate complex legal and policy advice clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences (internal & external) who come from a diverse set of disciplines and cultures
- J.D. or L.L.M. degree (ideally from top law school)
- MBA or BSc in Business Administration a plus