If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2E3Abvj
As part of the leadership within KU’s Marketing Department, the Director of Social Media will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a robust, national social media presence for Kitchen United and its consumer brand, eatsKU.
Kitchen United is in high growth mode. Kitchen centers are coming online rapidly beyond Los Angeles with an estimated 15+ set to open in 2019 across key US metropolitan markets throughout the West, Midwest, Southeast, and Southwest.
The Director of Social Media will be well versed in both direct to consumer social media marketing campaign design and execution, as well as provide thought leadership around key B2B social media strategy to drive continued corporate brand awareness and audience engagement. They will have direct responsibility for marketing spend as it relates to Social Media programs including managing outside agencies. This Director will be metrics driven / analytically astute marketer; they will know their numbers and the key drivers across all applicable social channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others. They will help set and manage to key KPI’s and own the applicable reporting for all social marketing programs. The Director will manage the social content and the editorial calendar across all platforms across all regions nationally.
The ideal candidate will come from a consumer facing lifestyle, retail, or food related brand. A mix of agency and in-house brand experience works well. This is a hands-on role in a fast growing, but still early stage company. Therefore, the individual that can flip the switch between strategic and hands-on tactical execution will flourish here.
- Partner closely with the VP of Consumer Marketing to align social media calendar and messaging with all consumer campaigns
- Develop and execute B2B social campaigns to drive engagement and brand awareness among restaurant industry executives, influencers and decision-makers
- Develop, create and launch social-specific content to drive established outcomes
- Coordinating with KU’s digital agency on the launch of boosted / paid social content
- Expertly establish social media accounts for new Kitchen United facilities launching across the country through 2019 and beyond, and ensure that they are well-integrated into KU’s overall digital presence
- Manage community engagement across social channels, including Yelp
- Coach KU’s restaurant clients on best-practices; developing and circulating social media playbooks for KU’s restaurant clients
- As KU expands nationally, develop a region-based strategy for managing KU’s growing set of social channels
- Minimum six years directly running social media for organizations, including LinkedIn
- Demonstrated deep, detailed expertise on all major social platforms — FB, Twitter, IG, LinkedIn — including admin interfaces (insights, metrics, advertising, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to write engaging social posts for a variety of brand voices
- Proven track record scaling up an organization’s social media presence and successfully driving conversions alongside e-commerce teams
- Experience developing insights from data to optimize engagement with social content and to drive social strategy
- Experience running social channels in the food and beverage retail space a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, grammar, spelling and proofreading