If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bitly.com
Insights into the Role:
VP, Sales, Danny Corral, to whom this role reports, characterizes this role as, THE FUNNEST JOB EVER! for several reasons:
- Loudpack’s stated mission is “Feeling Good”, its products are All about Quality and at LP, Cannabis is our Craft!
- The target audience and therefore community LP is looking to build and ignite is youthful (22-40), very plugged-in to social and at the leading edge of a lifestyle and spirit born of the legalization of recreational cannabis.
- Strategic: LP is not looking to hand the DoSM the script, but rather find a strategic leader and thought partner who can participate in the development of the plan, strategy, budgets and then be held accountable for total execution.
- A Blank Canvas: Despite having a 6-figure base of followers across Social, this is an opportunity to actually craft the company’s social positioning and messaging, build this critical function from scratch and set up and operate the analytics and dashboards to track the progress of its communities and brand across Social
- The breadth and evolution of LP’s products means that their brands are well-suited to an inclusive strategy targeting a massive audience (think CEOs to counter-culture musicians) for engagement via social
- LP has already attracted celebrity influencers by the dozens and these celebs are keen to have a Social Media leader who can empower them to evangelize their brands and bring their communities into the LP fold!
- LP’s Brand Ambassadors are a keep part of their selling strategy and this army is already doing outreach not only at retail, but at events, concerts and live social gatherings across California
Director of Social Media’s Charter
Director of Social Media will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a robust, statewide social media presence for LP and its consumer brands. The selected DoSM will have deep, deep Social Media chops and a track record of success in building and scaling engaged communities via all social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, SnapChat, Pinterest, Twitter and even LinkedIn as well as other emerging platforms.
The DoSM will take ownership of LP’s less than aggressive (or historically successful) social media presence. To date, LP has targeted two primary brands for which it has begun to build a social presence and community. First is KingPen which has an organic community of 100,000+ and has the enviable positioning as “Kristal of vape”. The second is Loudpack with a much smaller audience. The DoSM will start there and execute a plan and then develop the content and execute the campaigns which will put LP at the top of the social media ranking for similar lifestyle consumer brands.
- Collaborate with VP of Sales and LP Leadership to build the Social Media strategy, plan and budget
- Own the Social Media Budget and exceed plan
- Align social media messaging with LP brands and target demographics
- Develop, create and launch social-specific content to drive established outcomes and achieve community growth and engagement objectives
- Develop and execute social campaigns to drive engagement and brand awareness among consumers, influencers and retailers
- Work with department heads of Sales, Sales Operations and Marketing to establish the LP Analytics Stack capable of best tracking community growth, engagement and RoI
- Recruit, build and lead a team as required to support Social Media plans, goals and actual performance and establish an external posse of specialists and boutique agencies to launch boosted / paid social content and campaigns
- Expertly establishing social media accounts for selected LP brands
- Manage community engagement across social channels, including Yelp
- As LP expands nationally, developing a state-by-state strategy for managing LP’s growing set of social channels
- Lead from the Front by establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with social platforms and key influencers
Skills & Experience Required
- Proficiency in all social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, SnapChat, Pinterest and Twitter as well as other emerging platforms including admin interfaces (insights, metrics, advertising, etc.)
- Evaluated and reported on digital media campaigns and expert proficiency in Google Analytics and related analytics tools and platforms; Experience developing insights from data to optimize Self-starter who can hit the ground running and LEAD; LP is looking to “steal somebody’s lunch” not provide on the job training…
- Entrepreneurial bent, with ability to step into an organization where hyper-growth, controlled chaos and constant change are the order of the day; hands-on with all aspects of the business; able to move things forward and deliver continuous results without constant direction via on-site chain of command
- Data-driven, highly accountable—measure and dashboard everything!
- Minimum 3-5 years directly running social media for winning companies/accounts
- Track record which has emphasized mobile and video
- Experience in media planning, buying, and analysis with budgets exceeding $500k annually
- Experience managing a team is preferred
- engagement with social content and to drive social strategy
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities in the face of ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and collaborate in cross-team setting
- Demonstrated ability to write engaging social posts for a variety of brand voices
- Excellent attention to detail, grammar, spelling and proofreading
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of Cannabis and an affinity for the culture preferred
“We didn’t join this industry, we helped create it from scratch.”
Personality & Cultural Fit
At Loudpack, our people, our plants and our products are what set us apart. We exist to develop and distribute the highest quality cannabis on Earth. At Loudpack:
- Quality is everything
- Cannabis is our Craft
- Feeling Good is our Mission
- Educate—don’t mandate