If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2CPh3lv
Loudpack (LP), headquartered in Los Angeles is a cannabis consumer products company with over 250 employees and strong, rapidly growing, high 8-figure revenues. Loudpack is a grower, manufacturer, packer and shipper of some of the most sought-after brands and products in the cannabis industry. With its state-of-the-art cultivation and manufacturing facilities in Greenfield, California, and corporate offices in Los Angeles, Loudpack is poised to become a national leader in the emerging cannabis industry. We are a fun and exciting company to work for we provide a great working culture and industry leading wages and benefits.
California is our home. With a projected market size of $25BB, it’s the world’s largest cannabis market. It’s also the nation’s oldest and most established cannabis market and the world’s fifth largest economy. Consumer brands thrive here, and our brands are already beloved in the marketplace.
Key Mandates for the Director of Marketing (DM)
- Focus marketing on the product. Amplify what consumers are already saying (BRAND has over 55K Instagram followings in a private, invitation-only account). Social and community aspects of the marketing effort will be a major focus of your efforts (or your team’s efforts) for BRAND.
- Content Marketing is a large part of the DM’s remit. The content, cadence and reach will be key aspects of enhancing a cult brand to a much larger, more mainstream audience.
- Field Marketing is a key lever in the current cannabis ecosystem so the DM will ideally bring experience and success from a similar wholesale sell-in to retail sell-through model
- Own and drive consumer market research. Loudpack currently utilizes external agencies and products to survey consumers and gather market research but in a very rudimentary way. Due to the nascent industry and its regulatory challenges, the company does not have access to a lot of data currently, that will change.
- Build a high-achieving, highly motivated results-oriented team, with individuals and/or expertise in such areas as SEO, community building, creative and design, and others. Note that none of this currently exists today.
- Facilitate timely and engaging responses to engagement across all social platforms.
- Polish the brand, but without sacrificing its hard-won authenticity with users.
- Built brands (ideally, scrappy “challenger” brands). The DM should bring experience building consumer brands, including existing brands and some that need to be built from the ground up. Captured the story and narrative and crafted positioning and messaging that stuck in the heads of consumers and fueled growth.
- Owned full-stack marketing services function and teams comprising an in-house agency from creative, content, copy and design; delivered an impressive portfolio of assets and a track record of successful campaigns
- Experience growing sales across multiple SKUs – at growing scale – is essential. Managing spend is only half the job of marketing at
- Loudpack—it’s also about owning revenue growth.
- Mastery of multi-channel performance marketing informed and optimized by insights from data analytics. The DM must be more than someone who looks at data; you must be prepared and experienced as using the insights for actual decision-making.
- Proven ability to be a true Strategic Business Partner who can work closely and collaboratively with top leadership to not just hit growth and margin targets, but to see the future of where Loudpack should be headed.
- Extensive experience interacting with senior leadership. The DM should possess the presence, confidence, and ability to make a convincing business case.
- Experienced with thought leadership and sales enablement, while taking marketing efforts up a notch across the board.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive and implement all marketing activities to ensure on-brand positioning and awareness.
- Develop and maintain a strategic market segmentation that identifies market needs by customer and behaviors and creates actionable profiles that are leveraged to improve the accuracy of sales and marketing initiatives.
- Oversee the creation of unique sales and marketing collateral.
- Develop an integrated marketing plan; events and editorial calendar that strategically hits every potential target audience touchpoint.
- Create and implement comprehensive go-to-market strategies and plans for new product/category launches.
- Track and report on all marketing-led initiatives.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, metrics and reporting.
- Work closely with Finance to assure budget is balanced and act as the approver for marketing related spending.
- Maintaining company’s e-commerce platform for merchandise sales
Key Personality/Cultural Characteristics
- Hands-on: A major bias toward getting things done quickly.
- Entrepreneurial: Flexible and resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality.
- Smart & insightful: High intellectual bandwidth, but also street smarts and the gut to make the tough calls that don’t always flow from the data.