If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2RIEOzN
Who We Are:
One of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studios in Novato, CA; San Jose, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Orange County, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea, are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Who You Are:
You will be responsible for managing our studios globally, providing world class leadership. You will guarantee the development of high quality, on-time video games in line with the company’s strategy and the consumer’s expectations.
You will also define and implement a sustainable development strategy and ensure the studios performance and achievement of key performance indicators. You will work with the studio General Managers and oversee budget projections in terms of total cost, headcount and the impact to the overall studio P&L. You will develop and manage the business plans required to grow the studios (globally) working with leadership. You will also implement or oversee the implementation of best practice methodologies, production processes, and efficient tools to promote and foster a gamer-centric culture, an innovation mindset, and effective cross-team collaboration. Collaborating efficiently with HQ teams and other stakeholders, you will ensure the overall quality standards of the products developed by the studios.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
Initiative, smarts and passion make things happen, and politics simply don’t exist. In part because of all of this as well as consistent stability and success as a studio, some of the world’s smartest people come here and make VC a long term career. When interviewing, we look for intelligent problem solving with creative and constructive collaborative skills. We don’t strive to achieve anything but the best. We always push the metal to the limits, whether it’s the quality and morale of the team or more importantly the excellence of the products they create, and we look for people who share in these principles and have the skills to instill, maintain and achieve them.
- Product / Development management.
- Experience building teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge in developing and shipping high quality innovative products: console and mobile.
- Ability to partner across a global organization.
- Problem solving. Ability to quickly identify issues and develop a recommended plan of action.
- Detail and goal oriented.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- High emotional intelligence.
- MBA, Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in Production and/or Development on AAA console and PC games, or equivalent and demonstrable practical experience.
- Experience as a General Manager of a studio or of large successful teams.
- Experience operating in a management role as part of a larger organization with experience interacting with various groups, teams and departments.
- Experience ensuring that products are delivered on time, on budget, and to quality expectations.
- Experience attracting top game industry talent.
- Experience acting as a spokesperson for the studio and company, in collaboration with senior management.