If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2RkEcmf
Great opportunity with a with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate studio work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Working on one of the Worlds top games and gaming environments committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry. Company takes VERY good care of their employees. Half the team has been there 5 plus years, half of them 10 plus years and half of them over 20 years.
What We Need:
We are looking for an experienced engineering director to lead our server and client infrastructure engineering team on our Central Technology group. You will manage a team of high performing engineers, and you will work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that our Central Tech infrastructure supports the future direction of our products and business.
The ideal candidate will have great technical depth in the field of distributed system, cloud computing, and client/server infrastructure, exceptional operational and people management skills, and a high level of integrity.
Success of this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities and business acumen. You treat stakeholders as a partnership – you are there from ideation to execution and understand that we only succeed if we succeed together.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with various departments to understand business goals and build server/client infrastructure that help us achieve these goals
- Build and manage a distributed engineering team across multiple time zones
- Provide strong mentorship and guidance for the team, continually improving engineering best practices and providing support to foster a strong team culture
- Drive operational excellence with development processes that lead to the team consistently delivering projects on time, in scope and in budget
- Provide clear communication with teams, partners and management to ensure proactive resolution of potential challenges as they arise
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- 6+ years of experience in team management (leading both engineers and managers), including hiring and career management
- Proven ability to motivate teams, mentor individuals and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Familiarity with software development practices, including Agile, Test Driven Development and Software as a Service.
- Experience with game development platforms and processes
- Experience building infrastructure on AWS at scale
- Experience/knowledge with microservices architecture
- Team player with exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Substantial leadership experience, managing engineers and working with partner