If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/3tAbI72
We’re constantly, vigilantly looking for ways to reshape the future of lead generation contact centers. Our mission is to revolutionize the call center industry by empowering agents to convert leads faster. That’s where you come in. We’re seeking a Director of Engineering to help grow our development team to the next step.
Stepping into this very challenging role will mean stepping into a dynamic environment. There’ll be a steep learning curve, but we believe the future belongs to those who build it. Therefore, success for you would mean reaching your full potential in a short period of time, while doing whatever it takes to get up to speed. Success would mean having a strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines. And, most importantly, success would mean being a natural-born leader with top-notch collaboration and communication skills.
Who We Are
A provider of omnichannel contact center software which dramatically increases customers’ contact and lead conversion rates. We back the power of our advanced dialer with the human touch of a dedicated product expert. This invaluable combination delivers higher conversions with less outreach.
- 10+ years in a SaaS environment as a Senior Developer / hands-on Tech Lead, coding scalable, high-quality, high-availability applications handling large datasets:
- 4+ years with PHP and MVC frameworks such as Symfony, Zend, or Laravel
- 3+ years with MySQL or other relational databases
- Prior experience with NodeJS (TypeScript is a plus)
- 5+ years in a software development team leadership position as a Manager / Team Lead / Director, ensuring the team delivers on time, budget and quality.
- Flexible schedule, able to manage distributed developers on different continents and time zones.
- Extensive experience having managed complex software projects from ideation and design to post release support and maintenance, understanding how business priorities affect the development pipeline, remove roadblocks and communicate ETA changes.
- Proven track record of creating, adopting, improving and adhering to sound development principles and practices.
- Experience with growing the team by scouting, interviewing, testing, onboarding, coaching and continuously assessing the performance of the developers.
- Extensive experience working in an environment with highly agile cross functional teams, including QA and DevOps.
- Deep understanding and experience with AGILE framework, including SCRUM and Kanban methodologies.
- Proven ability to collaborate with Product on application design, requirements completion, research and successive project iterations.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) – must be able to communicate at a business and technical level with internal teams, customers, partners and executives.
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
What You Will Do
- Manage the development team, including the Tech Leads, making sure that projects are completed on time, in budget and at the expected quality level.
- Ensure the developers understand and follow the relevant policies and procedures leading to a transparent, flexible and predictable development process.
- Support the other Engineering groups (QA, Project Management, DevOps), Product and CS departments by providing transparency and regular reporting on the projects progress, roadblocks, dependencies, scope & priority change and its effects.
- Manage the Backlog and the Sprint, ensure tickets are worked on in the appropriate order depending on the timing of the
- Release, unplanned tasks and business priority changes.
- Interface with other groups and departments to remove impediments and roadblocks that could affect Engineering timelines, proactively discover dependencies and blind spots.
- Coach team members, help them grow personally and professionally, review team’s performance, implement and track individual and group KPIs.
- Lead or assist with the software and infrastructure architecture, plan for Tech Debt minimization, implement solid security solutions and OWASP Top 10.
- Hands-on on emergencies, outages and highly sensitive platform issues, high availability as a first responder, perform root-cause analysis and make recommendations for improvements.
- Collaborate with QA:
- Keep them humming with continuous QA
- Help them understand the test cases and expected functionality
- Assist them with hard to reproduce issues.
- Offer assistance in estimating the QA effort.
- Collaborate with DevOps:
- Understand hardware requirements and constraints
- Ensure the two teams do not bottleneck each other during cross-departmental
- Understand how the engineering project fits into the broader technology
environment and ensure DevOps is prepared to support engineering projects.
- Collaborate with Product:
- Provide research time and technical details for PRDs completion
- Identify edge cases
- Identify roadblocks, 3rd party dependencies and plan accordingly
- Collaborate with CS:
- Ensure timely replies to their issues and concerns
- Keep them updated on the status of their projects
- Don’t let issues hang in the air
Who You Are
- Brutally honest — transparency and constructive criticism is a major expectation.
- Soldier — stubbornly accountable, keeps at it and delivers solutions.
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous, more conservative than adventurous.
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction, doesn’t
mind (rare) longer workdays.
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
- Smart-Independent — enjoys working with little direction but asks for help when needed.
- High-stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment and wearing multiple
Work Perks Worth the Hype
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401 (k) employer match program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- A team of highly experienced colleagues
- Casual office environment
- Fully stocked kitchen (vegetarian-friendly)
- Catered family lunches together (Every Friday)
- Your birthday off