If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2Lwyjjw
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team with a profitable SaaS start-up as Director of Engineering.
Director of Engineering is responsible for Engineering decisions with implications impacting code, deployment, QA, infrastructure, and uptime. They are also responsible for managing and mentoring Developers and contributing to and improving software systems and the development process. This is a strategically important, yet hands-on position, working collaboratively within the technology team (comprised of product and engineering), to help accelerate the growth of the company.
- Manages a team of developers, providing feedback and training where necessary, conducting performance reviews, assisting with recruitment and dealing with any issues within the team.
- Lead and mentor developers assigned to the products/projects ensuring performance, maintainability, and functional requirements from design to rollout and support.
- Work with engineering staff, collaborating on hardware and system monitoring requirements to insure expected performance and reliability of the system developed.
- Assists in developing and ensures adherence to standards and procedures for software engineering staff.
- Proactively communicate and work to mitigate changes to project timelines, degradation in performance of applications, and concerns with project and/or product direction.
- Active participation in sprints to add velocity and ensure timely delivery against commitments.
- Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM Discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) from an accredited University/College
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in a Director level engineering, preferably with Software-as-as-Service (SaaS) application
- Online market research and/or AdTech Trade Desk industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with Jira and Agile SCRUM development
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a startup environment with a demonstrated positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience and knowledge in backend development using Node.js, databases (MongoDB), REST/GraphQL APIs, Redis, etc.
- Experience in front end development using React, Angular, Vue, etc.
DevOps experience to set up, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment
- Knowledge of modern software engineering best practices including test driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge of data technologies such as MapReduce, Hadoop, and Elasticsearch, etc.
- Strong experience and knowledge in Commercial cloud (AWS ecosystem including EC2, ECS, Load Balancers, Lambda Functions, etc.)
- Experience as a Full-Stack engineer on a high-performance, real-time application
- Experienced with microservices architecture, and an understanding of serverless technology
- Previously worked with distributed engineering teams, and able to coordinate handing off work between teams