If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/3kIYDGe
We are an innovative bio-tech and climate tech company that is disrupting the status quo and on a mission to reverse climate change. What started in 2003 as a question of “what if we could turn greenhouse gas into useful materials?” – a force for good – has turned into “we can and we will” through over a decade of endless trial, error, and determination. Today, We harness greenhouse gas to create a certifiably carbon-negative, regenerative material that can replace plastic and leathers. But the determination doesn’t stop there. It’s also on a mission to inspire communities to make meaningful choices that will help the long-term health of our planet. In fact, while many companies are looking to bring their products and practices to a carbon neutral state, with this technology, we are the only company producing both foodware and apparel that is carbon-negative. And this is just the beginning, as the versatility of the material means future product innovations are endless. The more products we produce, the better the planet gets.
We are looking for a smart and highly-focused Demand Planner to manage forecasting inputs to inventory requirements. The Demand Planner will develop short and long-range sell-through, inventory, and production projections and drive analysis and process optimization to ensure we achieve world class inventory availability and inventory health. Additionally, the Demand Planner will drive initiatives that improve sales, customer experience, and operational performance.
As the Demand Planner, you will improve the accuracy and reliability of the Demand Plan through projection of the most realistic estimates of customer demand in collaboration with the Sales team and manage exceptions to enhance the responsiveness of the organization’s Supply Chain in fulfilling customer demand. You will help build the production plans and schedules that reflect demand plans, production constraints, and evaluate alternatives to ensure supply. You will develop intermediate and long-term (18 months) production plans, working closely with sales and production. You will plan inventory levels that satisfy the customer service target for product availability and that minimize production, transportation and warehousing costs. You will review weekly sales and finished goods inventory data and advise senior executives on a twice-weekly basis.
- Own the monthly forecast process and collaboration for various sales and distribution channels
- Develop and maintain production-planning models, which include materials, resources, and finished products.
- Generate and maintain a demand plan for a given portfolio of products, locations and/or customers, at the levels (product hierarchy and time) at which business decisions are taken.
- Manage forecast accuracy and measure the impact of forecast accuracy
- Highlight Sales trends that are different than anticipated and proactively manage forecasts
- Coordinate and assist with S&OP documentation
- As part of the S&OP process, conducts monthly demand reviews with the sales and production teams to address demand fluctuations
- Generate numerous analytics on sell-through, sell-in, product mix, etc. to analyze individual customer performance and overall sales channel trends
- Work cross-functionally as needed, particularly with the Supply Planning and Sales Operations teams
- Ensure commitment from all functions, build and maintain good communication and collaboration both within Supply Chain and with
- Sales and Marketing, Manufacturing and Finance.
- Actively follow-up actual sales to customers and sell-out data (POS) to identify exceptional or unforecasted activities.
- Drive fast, appropriate actions to minimize the impact of deviations from the Demand Plan. Communicate these actions to stakeholders.
- Coordinate and facilitate the Twice-Weekly Demand/Supply Review meetings; act as Process Owner of this meeting to ensure the process is an integral part of the planning and control process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Math, or related work experience
- 5+ years of inventory planning, forecasting, or related experience
- Ability to design and generate monthly statistical-based forecast reports
- Ability to manage detailed project plans.
- The candidate will be comfortable working “hands-on” in a fast-growing, high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities without day to day management
- Attention to detail and a proactive attitude is needed
- Strong proficiency with Excel and ERP systems
- Strong problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to navigate a constantly evolving company
- Ability to clearly communicate the main takeaways to people from a wide range of functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.