If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/3hKvqtf
Opening for a Controller with a very cutting edge holographic display start-up in San Jose CA. Please take a look and let me know if you or anyone you know is available/interested.
Company is working on real Holography, w/ no Headgear, glasses, goggles. Recently raised around~$30MM in from top venture firms and Strategic Partners. Team has experience in all aspects of the ecosystem, but sees the linchpin as the display hardware so that is our primary focus at this time. Primary belief of the Company is that shared experiences can only be meaningfully driven with Holography.
To make Holography work, many pixels are needed (think Gigapixels). Supporting a multi-Gigapixel Holographic display requires new technology, and we have a large IP portfolio in support of the innovations required. One such area of innovation is the mechanisms to drive the correct light emissions to support the visual acuity of the human eye. Ultimately, we envision enabling myriad applications, including the concept of a true Holodeck, similar to what has been visualized in science fiction. Need team members who want to be part of the next step is visual display.
Vinod Khosla, Founder, Khosla Ventures: “This is essentially the holy grail of optical display technology, enabling things that seem like science fiction to be possible today. We are thrilled to be in on the ground floor with the team, and look forward to helping evolve this exciting technology”.
We create holographic displays and is a venture capital backed enterprise located near San Jose airport. In support of continued growth of our team, the Company is seeking a Controller. The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with GAAP. The controller is also responsible for cash management and risk management. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in the field of accounting. Preference will be given to candidates with Certified Public Accounting designation.
OPEN TO VP of Finance IF candidate has experience and connections raising Capital.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies, processes, and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions and 3rd party service providers
- Oversee the operations of the accounting function Transactions
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner 2
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions Reporting
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation corporate reports
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Ensure the Company complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- dentify requirements for compliance and build appropriate measures to ensure such compliance
- Facilitate engagement with external audit as necessary In addition to the duties listed above, we expect the following of each employee: adhere to our policies and procedures; work in a safe manner; perform duties as workload necessitates; maintain a positive and respectful attitude; communicate regularly with supervisor about company issues; demonstrate efficient time management and prioritize workload; demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meet department productivity standards; participate in Company events as needed or required; and complete other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have 5 years of experience as an accountant, preferably with at least 2 years at a “Big Four” accounting firm
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent knowledge of entry level (e.g., Quickbooks) and mid-market accounting software
- Experience working with executive team in a startup environment preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple task with efficiency and accuracy 3 Key Competencies
- Must be highly organized
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills PHYSICAL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds for 50 feet; bend and reach; work in an environment with daily changes in climate;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit, read, write, type and speak for extended periods of time;
- The employee is required to move around the premises;
- The employee must be able to observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work;
- Employee must be able to learn and apply new skills or information;
- Must be able to multi-task regularly;
- Employee must display a positive, professional image and attitude and work well with others;
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise levels;
- The position also requires the following abilities:
- Ability to look at computer screen for extended periods;
- Ability to concentrate and focus for extended periods;
- Ability to handle stress;
- Ability to interact frequently and positively with others;
- Ability to meet deadlines