If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2KonniN
Reliam is ready to soar! With $17MM of fresh funding and a commitment for another $75-$100MM or more to fund growth and acquisitions, Reliam is already becoming a global cloud consulting superpower. As it grows rapidly, the company needs to build out a highly sophisticated financial management team and strategy, while upgrading and implementing the right financial policies, controls, standards and procedures. This will be a key part of the CFO’s main mission.
The CFO at Reliam must have the grounding to build and help run a fast-growing global business. To excel, you’ll need to understand the business’s complex equations – see and grasp the entire model, not just the numbers. But you’ll also be hands on – especially in the early going, as the current finance team of three is lean and will need to be built upon. Your expertise will be vital in the acquisitions realm, and experience in that domain – along with the critical post-acquisition integration component – will be essential. The CFO will be a strategic member of the executive team and will help guide Reliam’s rapid growth, profitability and operational excellence. You’ll create best practices, metrics and a dashboard for the purpose of tracking/reporting and providing greater visibility around the financial and operational issues to management and the Board. You’ll own and develop the company’s financial management strategy, contribute to development of the organization’s overall strategic goals, and report to the CEO. The CFO will develop and implement sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise Reliam’s senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities and policy matters.
- Serve as management liaison to the Board and audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at Board and committee meetings.
- Contribute to development of the company’s overall strategic goals and management.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO and other key executives informed on all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as needed, especially with external investors and other stakeholders.
- Oversee and direct the finance and operations teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development; mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives and priorities, conduct performance appraisals and administer salary adjustments.
- Upgrade and/or implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the budgeting process.
- Ensure that Reliam is adhering to its strategic plan, delivering status reports to the Board.
- Provide analytical support to the internal management team.
Key Requirements & ‘Must-Haves’
- Prior experience as CFO or CRO of a VC or PE backed company is essential. If you’ve done it two or three times, so much the better.
- Acquisitions and integration experience is a must.
- The right cultural fit will be someone who brings a strong financial voice, can hold his or her own on any team, but still bring a collaborative spirit and be a positive force for getting things done.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management role, ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a rapid-growth setting.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting, or a related discipline. An MBA or MS in Finance is preferred; CPA also preferred.
- Experience either as an employee or Board member of a high-growth organization.
- Proven, high-level expertise in finance, fundraising and accounting.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Superior management, mentoring and leadership skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports as well as peers.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively work with senior management, board members and investors.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Ability to develop and promote an adaptive, responsive organizational culture that is recognized for its industry-leading business and employment practices.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, based on the needs of the business.
- Passion for Reliam’s vision; enjoys the growth side.
Core Competencies and Qualifications
- Strategic thinker and doer; much more than just finance. A Master Chess Board Player, who can see the vision, and make sure Reliam is talking to the right people at the right time.
- More than just operational, technical or multi-functional, the selected candidate will have tackled and solved complex problems, driven critical high-stakes decisions. The CFO must truly understand and be able to prioritize in real-time, the big things that matter in any discussion or decision.
- Proven skills and experience on the operational side. At Reliam, you won’t simply be sitting at a desk doing finance and reporting numbers! The CFO may, for example, carry responsibilities across functional lines.
- Led growth, scale and success! Reliam is looking to scale quickly, so the selected CFO must have been where Reliam is going rather than where it’s been.
- Leadership. Reliam needs more than someone with financial savvy; it needs a person who can lead with the vision of knowing where the company needs to go and determine how best to get there. A great leader is a great recruiter and team builder and will bring a track record of building high performance teams.
- Startup AND corporate. The selected CFO will have benefitted from training in the forge of the best run companies but also done a tour or tours of duty in scrappy, resourceful, “failure is not an option” startup(s) as well.
- The presence, sophistication and polished communication skills to deal with a board, senior executive team and strategic partners.
- Someone who not only gets the numbers and projections right, but can back them up, tell a compelling data story and stand by the numbers they create.
- Hands-on; able to not just delegate but DO!
- Make the complex look easy; must be a master of just the right amount of process at the right time so as to enable growth without creating additional overhead.
- Smart & Nimble: High IQ and a proven “quick study” who has adapted quickly to changing technologies, models and market dynamics.
- Credible: Brings reputation, relationships and track record that give a company the stamp of approval with the ad community. Highest standards of integrity, honesty and judgment.
- Charismatic Communicator: A polished presence, self-confidence, gravitas and a certain level of intensity; a great storyteller; articulate; confident; able to convince and motivate other and inspire teams.
- High energy and the personal freedom to put in the time it will take to build and scale Reliam.
- Decisive and driven to succeed; able to drive critical-path decisions, prioritize and resource projects and programs that will ensure success; unquestioned work ethic.
- Analytical and adept at collecting and using data to improve operations and make better decisions. Comfortable with analytical tools and techniques.
- Team Player: Extremely well organized, take-charge professional able to work with teams and is strong on follow-through. Must understand the interrelationships of systems, business processes and individuals in the company.