If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2GJy7dl
W|C has historically been known as one of the world’s most respected theatrical advertising and editorial companies, founded by editor Nick Temple in 2007. Today, W|C is a rapidly expanding enterprise comprised of some of the most accomplished content creators and marketers in the world. They have serviced the entertainment industry for years with integrated marketing campaigns for major studios and iconic film makers.
The company has recently rolled-in its strategic branding shop 3AM which creates multi-platform worlds that turn audiences into engaged fans. 3 AM partners with entertainment creators to expand their worlds where story, marketing, and distribution work together from the start. Together as Wild Card, they are now expanding to serve top streaming, video game and global consumer brands. W|C helps ambitious storytellers and brands develop content properties utilizing its singular combined expertise.
- W|C works with some of the world’s most iconic film makers including Jim Cameron, Ridley Scott, Steven Spielberg, Donald Glover, Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood to name just a few
- Initially bootstrapped (not VC-backed) and profitable from the outset, W|C has always been the premium-priced, gold standard in the industry
- W|C has evolved from film and TV to serving clients in streaming media and games and is now engaged by global brands like Nike and Microsoft
- In addition to world-class creative, W|C now offers clients analytics-driven insights, but its core content creation, production and world-building are at the heart of next generation of marketing and branding
- Fast Company named W|C unit 3 AM as a “2018 Most Innovative Company“ and it has won several awards as a best place to work. Led by accomplished and progressive (75% female) executive team, W|C is leaning into the future in more ways than one.
Well-established and now diversifying its portfolio of service offerings, W|C is investing aggressively in its high-growth future and needs a full-force HR Partner whose priority will be to build world-class talent acquisition, retention, development and culture. This is not only a chance for the right People & Talent pro to be part of a senior leadership team, but also the opportunity to enhance a progressive cultural framework in an already-thriving organization.
Key Attributes of the CFO:
- Seasoned CFO w/ Finance Mastery: Ideally a sitting CFO w/ DEEP Finance chops (FP&A, strategic planning for new growth initiatives, partnerships, M&A); A true hands-on quant who brings a passion for all the above
- Operational CFO: Beyond finance & accounting, brings COO-like experience across: Business metrics/KPIs; Utilization & optimization of services (ideally in a Professional Services model); Legal & Contracts (analysis and execution); Facilities, Leases and Insurance
- Business Partner Critical thought partner for CEO and collaborative business partner to COO and departmental leaders. Ideally has partnered w/ HR to create long term incentive and retention programs for Talent
- Polished Presence and Presentation: Externally-facing executive and spokesperson; Managed relationships w/ banking/investment types as well as partners and other constituencies; able to represent the company in almost any opportunity
- CPA not essential, but a big plus
- Ideally out of Entertainment / Media / Games / Ad Agency or other creative business BUT definitely brings a love for entertainment/content
- Prefer one who has raised Growth (equity/debt) Capital managed relationships with bankers/investors
- Startup & Growth stage company experience; Nimble and not too corporate; been through the growing pains; Player & Coach