If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2IRgacr
Insights About the Role
The table is set at All Points North Lodge, and ready for hand-off to the right CFO who will step in and take over the financial reins from an experienced interim CFO who has previously filled the same transitional CFO role for the current management team. The new CFO at APN will take ownership of the model built by the interim CFO. You’ll be stepping in with debt instruments in place from the $70.6MM capital raise the company is now completing, consisting of $55MM in senior debt and $15.6MM in equity. Your role will NOT be focused on daily revenue cycle management or accounting. The team s fulfilling these function s are currently outsourced. And while it will be up to the new CFO to determine if these functions should stay outsourced or come in house, this will not be your primary focus. Instead, the CFO s focus will be on such things as reporting requirements (and how the company will do it, for example), and establishing the right financial policies, procedures and systems. To excel, you’ll need to understand the business s complex equations see and grasp the entire model, not just the numbers. You’ll be a strategic member of the executive team and will help guide APN s growth, profitability and operational excellence. You ll create best practices, metrics and a dashboard for the purpose of tracking ing/reporting and providing greater visibility around the financial and operational issues to management and the Board. You’ll own and develop the company s financial management strategy, contribute to development of the organization’s overall strategic goals, and report to the CEO. The CFO will develop and implement sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms.
1. Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise APN’ssenior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities and policy matters.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at Board and committee meetings.
- Contribute to development of the company’s overall strategic goals and management.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO and other key executives informed on all key financial issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as needed, especially with external investors, lenders and other stakeholders.
2. Team Development/Leadership
- Oversee and direct the finance team.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development; mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives and priorities, conduct performance appraisals and administer salary adjustments.
- Upgrade and/or implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the budgeting process.
- Ensure that APN is adhering to its strategic plan, delivering status reports to the Board.
- Provide analytical support to the internal management team.
Key Requirements& ‘Must-Haves’
- Prior experience on the “provider” side of behavioral health (or similar) is important –including that you like being in the field, and have stayed there and developed a track record. Some type of domain experience is critical, preferably with companies that have been successful. A combination of experience on both the provider and payer sides could be a bonus.
- About 70% of APN’s expenses are payroll related, so a deep understanding of a labor-intensive model is important.
- You have experience building financial systems and processes; and haven’t just “plugged in” to existing systems.
- Keen perception of the environment you are working in –understandinghow to build something that is one-of-a-kind, and that it is not a linear path.
- Strategic thinker, but also deep into the nuts and bolts; you are able to keep the CEO grounded.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting, or a related discipline. An MBA or MS in Finance is preferred; CPA also preferred.
- Proven, high-level expertise in finance, fundraising and accounting.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Superior management, mentoring and leadership skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports as well as peers
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively work with senior management, Board members and investors.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as a strategic thinker.
- Ability to develop and promote an adaptive, responsive organizational culture that is recognized for its industry-leading business and employment practices.
- Passionfor APN’svision; enjoys the growth side.
Core Competencies and Qualifications
- Strategic thinker and doer; beyond just finance, you can see the vision and make sure APNis talking to the right people at the right time.
- More than just operational, technical or multi-functional, the selected candidate will have tackled and solved complex problems, driven critical high-stakes decisions. The CFO must truly understand and be able to prioritize in real-time, the big things that matter.
- Led growth, scale and success! APN is scaling quickly, so the selected CFO must have been where the company is going rather than where it’s been.
- Leadership. APNneeds more than someone with financial savvy; it needs a person who can lead with the vision of knowing where the company needs to go and determine how best to get there.
- Startup AND corporate. The selected CFO will have benefitted from training in the forge of the best run companies but also done a tour or tours of duty in scrappy, resourceful, “failure is not an option” startup(s) as well.
- The presence, sophistication and polished communication skills to deal with a Board, senior executive team and strategic partners.
- Someone who not only gets the numbers and projections right, but can back them up, tell a compelling data story and stand by the numbers they create.
- Hands-on; able to not just delegate but DO!
- Make the complex look easy; must be a master of just the right amount of process at the right time so as to enable growth without creating additional overhead.
- Smart & Nimble: High IQ and a proven “quick study” who has adapted quickly to changing technologies, models and market dynamics.
- Credible: Brings reputation, relationships and track record that give a company the stamp of approval with the ad community. Highest standards of integrity, honesty and judgment.
- Decisive and driven to succeed; able to drive critical-path decisions, prioritize and resource projects and programs that will ensure success; unquestioned work ethic.
- Analytical and adept at collecting and using data to improve operations and make better decisions. Comfortable with analytical tools and techniques.