Positions available with very hot Santa Monica start-up doing very cool cutting edge mobile AR development. Company is well funded and has already had a couple of offers. We help marketers create, manage and measure camera experiences across channels. Camera marketing thrives at the intersection of experience design and spatial analytics. Our technology integrates OS platforms, AR toolkits, social platforms and native apps into a single fabric, so brands can deliver captivating experiences at scale.
We are a team of talented, diverse, and open-minded engineers, designers and marketers committed to democratizing the camera. We imagine a future where the camera is the new start menu, where audiences and brands can interact seamlessly with each other and co-create brand new worlds for all to explore. If that excites you, you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for an Android Mobile Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. As a Mobile Engineer you will help create amazing experiences for our customers through the development of our Augment Reality Camera SDK! Working with a team of talented engineers and product teams, you will collaborate in a cross-functional fast moving environment to create enterprise Augmented Reality (AR) mobile SDKs & apps for Android. With your technical expertise you will manage individual projects, deadlines, deliverables, and priorities. You will design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain our mobile solutions based on the industry best practices and the latest technologies!
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to have an impact at one of the hottest startups in Los Angeles on the Westside! Brands (such as Viacom, NBA, Coachella, Turner Media and other companies) are using our technologies to creating cross-platform camera experiences for their customers. If you enjoy a fast past development environment, love mobile development, and are curious about the future of Augmented Reality and Camera Marketing, then our team is a good fit for you.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to define new capabilities for mobile AR.
- Design and build new mobile AR features leading enterprise APIs, services, and tools.
- Launch new APIs/features in Google’s AR products including ARCore and Android.
- Participate in peer to peer code review and provide feedback to other developers.
- Implement unit tests & dependency injection.
- Develop new features by applying best practices and latest technologies.
- Work on projects in C, C#, C++, Java, Kotlin.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of Android Application development experience.
- Experience in Augmented Reality tools or frameworks.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience with mobile development in Android, or other mobile environment.
- Familiarity with Application Architecture design patterns, such as MVVM.
- Familiarity with Application Architecture Components.
- Familiarity with Android Data Persistence concepts and tools.
- Familiarity with SCM tools, such as Git, SVN, Jenkins, etc.
- Familiarity with OpenGL 2.0/3.0
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented, quick study, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to multitask within an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong team player interested in learning and growing with a team.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience with ARCore, Unity, and/or Unreal Development.
- Experience with visual technologies such as Visual Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (VSLAM), Visual Inertial Odometry (VIO), and Image Processing.