If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: https://bit.ly/2UQo0Lc
About Fremont College
Fremont Collegeis an Innovator in Professional Education. The campus is located in Cerritos, Californiawith a virtual online campus serving students around the world. Fremont is a private college that provides educational opportunities for working adults offering MBA, Bachelor of Arts, Associate of Arts, Associate of Science degrees in the Technology, Healthcare, Business, and Paralegal programs and diplomas in wellness fields.
Fremont College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). In 2012, Fremont College was recognized as a School of Distinction by ACCSC for delivering quality educational programs to students. Its paralegal studies program is approved by the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Paralegal Education. Currently, Fremont College is one of only 28 ABA-approved paralegal schools in California.
Fremont College’s teaching methodology is based on research conducted by Dr. Sabrina Kay during her studies at USC and the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. The teaching methodology, referred to as Professional Action Learning (PAL), attempts to teach students using a variety of instructional techniques beyond standard textbooks and exams. PAL is designed to make use of the operating concepts behind the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI) and action learning methods to determine students’ learning strengths and actively engage students in the learning process. The methodology involves guest speakers, videos, hands-on skills practice, group discussion, questions, dialogue, and student presentations.
Fremont College also owns Dale Carnegie Southern Los Angelesfor working professionals and corporate clients.
Insights into the Role:
Dr. Sabrina Kay is a serial entrepreneur and chancellor and CEO of Fremont College and Fremont Private Investments. She seeks an Accounting and Finance executive who can provide hands-on management on her financial affairs, primarily on Fremont College. Duties include closing of the books monthly, financial modeling, forecasting as well as coordination of accounting resources across all of her entrepreneurial and philanthropic ventures. For the right up and comer, this opportunity could lead into a Corporate Controller or CFO role. The selected DOF will either bring domain experience from an educational institution with an understanding of Title IV funding and compliance expertise or be a quick study capable of managing .EDU specific resources and compliance issues.
Director of Finance and Compliance Charter
Responsible for managing Title IV disbursements, cash collection, financial reporting and projections. By applying accounting principles and procedures, the DOFwill prepare accurate and timely financial reports (budget, monthly closing, cash flow projections, monthly reforecasting based on actuals) and analysis to ensure appropriate accounting control procedures and assist CEO with the strategic decisions of the company. The DOF will be responsible for various entities that CEO is involved with.
Annual budgets and monthly reforecasting
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations in accordance with standard operating procedures and prepare monthly financial statements
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Prepare financial management reports and ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
Financial audit preparation and coordination
- Lead the audit process via GAAP principles and communicating with auditors
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Review and negotiate vendor contracts, including trademarks, insurance, IT, software systems, etc.
- Research various vendors to compare and contrast to find the right match for the business operations.
- Manage accounts payable and purchasing department
- Fixed asset and light inventory management
- Oversee Student Accounts department in coordination with financial aid department
Bi-Monthly Payroll Management
- Review and approve employee hours and OT
- Manage health benefits for eligible employees
- 401k plan administration
Analyze and advise on business operations
- Advise CEO on cash flow projections on revenue, expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues and expenses
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures
- Provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial issues
- Develop and maintain financial databases
Monitor and support taxation issues
- Sales/use tax filing
- Support and provide information to CPA for all tax filings
- Excel Jedi and QuickBooks™ Online (QBO) ninja <full stop>; complete fluency in Excel and other MS Office apps as well as the QuickBooks suite
- 5+ years of experience or expertise in the management of financial systems, budgets, month end closing, budget vs actuals, financial statements, projections, and analysis.
- Working knowledge or experience in California tax codes
- Mastery in and all reporting functions
- Frugal and Clever, you love saving money and want to look at every AP to determine its validity
- Super organized and detail oriented
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- A private post-secondary institution with accounting and Title IV expertiseand federal and state compliance experience preferred
- Experience in leading the audit process via GAAPprinciples including all communication and coordination with auditors
- California Tax expertise. Reading(individual, corporate and partnership) tax codes for fun; thought of and ideally implemented various ways to save taxes in California
- CVue and Sequeldatabase knowledge is not a must but a big plus
The Personality & Cultural Fit
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Extremely organized and goal-oriented
- Understand deadlines
- Data based decision making
- Work under pressure and short deadlines