VP/Head of Sales & BD oppty w/ high profile & one of the hottest companies in VR/AR & Digital Media. http://bit.ly/2eWh1Lk
Based in Culver City 8i is building a consumer media platform that lets users create, experience and share the most immersive 3D video of real people, for VR/AR and the web for their VP/Head of Sales & BD position. The company’s mission is to enable everyone to connect with each other in the closest way to real-life. 8i enables true 3D (fully volumetric) capture of people, allowing viewers to walk around real humans in VR/AR.
Their proprietary technology let’s creators bring real people into “volumetric” (think holograms) virtual experiences. It transforms HD video from multiple cameras into fully volumetric recordings of a human that viewers can actually work around and interact within VR/AR or on the web. This allows creators to push the boundaries of storytelling and explore an entirely new human communication medium.
- Founders and Executives of this company were Founders and/or Executives at BigFrame/AwesomenessTV, Facebook, YouTube, Pixar, Zynga, PayPal, NVidia, DreamWorks, Microsoft etc.
- Have raised 14.5MM and another significant round in funding from top tier VC’s/Investors is imminent.
- Launching a consumer app w/Google, which lets users add holograms into real-world environments and then export mixed-reality photos & videos to popular social platforms.
- Have acquired top tier clients such as Google, TIME, L’Oreal, NASA, CNN, J&J, Sony etc. and can’t keep up w/inbound calls from potential clients GLOBALLY!
- Addressable market is 30+ Billion today and will grow to 100B w/in 3 years.
- Platform allows for Volumetric capture, Machine Learning feedback loop and playback across all devices.
The selected candidate will be/bring:
- Own all aspects of building, activating and refining the sales and business development capability for 8i.
- Establish sales targets and objectives; manage sales planning; oversee sales pipeline forecasting and reporting.
- Provide tactical leadership for development and expansion of relationships/revenue; support the sales team while also personally closing business.
- Offer clear visibility into sales and revenue performance and forecasts; manage exceptional communication and maintain information flow to leadership team and the board.
- Prepare and report sales figures and sales calls to management.
- Serve as a key member of the 8i management team and contribute to the strategic direction and decision making of the company.
- Prioritize and then optimize the existing pipeline setting qualification criteria that will yield highest profit and lowest friction accounts, campaigns and relationships.
- Be ready, willing and able to travel extensively, including global travel.
For more details about the opportunity and position, please see the detailed opportunity description in the downloads section.