VP Product role for Media Temple (MT) -- premium web hosting and cloud services provider based in Culver City and owned by GoDaddy. http://bit.ly/2chSQVm
Media Temple was founded in 1998 and has been on a mission since to help web developers, designers, digital entrepreneurs, innovators and enterprises bring their ideas to life online. Media Temple has built a reputation for being THE go-to solution for the top creative web shops offering premium services and more recently, M|T has had great success with providing these services to large enterprises in addition to edgy, innovative creators. As M|T enters the next phase of growth and scale, it is seeking a world-class Vice President of Product who will work with the leadership team to position its products and services for both these market opportunities and build a marketing machine capable of acquiring the best customers from both camps.
Media Temple is in the business of hosting great ideas. Today over 125,000 people and businesses rely on their simple tools for web hosting, one-click WordPress installs, virtual servers, domain registration, business applications and other cloud services. Their premium web hosting and cloud services power more than 1.5 million websites in 100 different countries with some 88 percent classified as being for “advanced web and IT services”.
Their premium service model combined with scalable technology allows them to focus on fostering a unique user experience by delivering outstanding quality, high-performance solutions and award-winning 24/7 client support. Some of the world’s best brands trust their sites to Media Temple, including Nike, Red Bull and Under Armour.
Media Temple has spent years building their unique, people-first company culture focused on supporting different creative and tech communities while fostering employee happiness, making it a repeat entry on Best Places to Work in LA.
In late 2013, GoDaddy (NYSE: GDDY), the world’s largest domain name Web hosting and the #1 global technology provider dedicated to small businesses, based out of Scottsdale Arizona, acquired Media Temple. Since the sale, M|T has remained fiercely independent and leverages the resources, platform and brand power of GoDaddy, while maintaining its 100% customer success focus.
GoDaddy reported Q2 ’16 revenues of $456.2 million with a current mark cap of close to $3B. With 14 million customers worldwide and 62 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
- Own and deliver Media Temple’s product roadmap; set direction, articulate the “why” and sell it to others.
- Make sure product solutions have the features and benefits required to make them an indispensable, premium-focused resource for the company’s customers at all ends of the spectrum.
- Lead efforts to expand and refine new product offerings, customer segments and vertical markets by assuming a leadership role in defining and executing product initiatives that will fuel Media Temple’s continued growth.
- Gain executive alignment around product priorities; create the ability to consistently and rapidly deliver industry-leading products.
- Lead and inspire the product organization; ensure that the group “gels” as a high performing team that interacts effectively with the rest of the organization.
- Develop and present a strategy and budget for the product organization.
- Formalize processes. Define and implement product development processes around roadmap planning, gathering of requirements, product definition, development and launch such that the organization consistently delivers commercially successful product initiatives in line with strategic priorities, on time and within budget.
- Maximize the department’s effectiveness and efficiency through prioritization, sequencing and deployment of resources.
- Become a key member of Media Temple’s leadership team. Share responsibility for defining the company’s direction; setting and leading product strategy and execution.
- Minimum of 10 yrs. experience as a senior-level product leader within a corollary technology field, although not necessarily a pure hosting environment. Someone who’s created and launched multiple products; good at managing people; a true driver.
- Established product leader; or someone ready to take the next step toward leading the overall product roadmap for an established company.
- Proven success with creating, launching and managing game changing and complex technology products.
- Ability to leverage ample resources, but still be the “Chief Doer” and not just a delegator.
- A true Product Zealot who will be highly passionate about Media Temple’s product offerings and potential and will live to move the needle, consistently expanding and improving its product portfolio. A bias toward action
- Has the technical expertise to engender respect of the technical and engineer teams.
- Ability to optimize product decisions on multiple concurrent fronts against the backdrop of a changing and expanding market with major upside opportunities.
- Excellent leadership, managerial and team-building skills. As a product leader you understand the value and power of a highly motivated product team; have experience building a stellar product team in a corollary environment.
- Strong, creative and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Educational profile might include a technical undergrad degree of some kind, combined with an MBA or other grad degree.