If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2tsqdgD
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Marketing (VPM) will be tasked with demand generation, marketing funnel optimization and potentially marketing communications. PuppySpot’s current online marketing tactics include search engine marketing, search engine optimization, social media, influencer marketing, content marketing, retargeting and email marketing. In addition, PuppySpot has recently launched several offline initiatives (e.g., television). All of PuppySpot’s marketing initiatives – both online and offline – aim to grow PuppySpot’s brand awareness, reputation, database and overall company revenues.
PuppySpot seeks a results-oriented (primarily digital) marketer who can own a small but growing team and support a very aggressive inbound sales team of “Puppy Concierges” hungry for qualified leads to convert and the air cover from branding, content marketing and thought leadership to lubricate the selling machine.
This is a high-impact, high-visibility and accountability role where the right marketer has a real influence on the future direction and success of the company.
- Lead a team of Marketers (specialists in Paid Search, Social, Lifecycle/CRM/eMail, Partnership, and potentially PR) to drive key business metrics through paid/organic efforts. Cross-functional team includes creative/design as well as development resources and there are currently several agencies engaged for offline, SEO and influencer marketing initiatives.
- Set team strategy and marketing plan through analysis of historical marketing data and pattern matching from VPM’s experience in eCommerce and other similar markets.
- Generate measurable results for multi-channel campaigns to drive leads profitably <full stop>.
- Identify and create programs and promotions to grow following and engagement within the social media and community space which ultimately drive leads and sales.
- Work closely in a true partnership with sales, product, creative, public relations and public affairs teams to drive acceptance of key messages while increasing both leads and sales.
- Leverage PuppySpot’s proprietary marketing technology platform while augmenting it with external tools and best practices to gather, analyze and champion key metrics, market insights and overall agile marketing direction.
- Develop & execute marketing programs and campaigns to create pull-through with future partners (e.g., brick-and-mortar retailers, major eCommerce platforms and other service providers) in the pet ecosystem.
- Regularly report insights to CEO and across the entire organization. Forecast and present to senior management and the Board of Directors on the ongoing effectiveness of marketing.
- Digital Direct Marketer. Strategic leadership AND tactical execution of data-driven, multi-channel consumer acquisition & retention across SEM, SEO, PPC, email, social, etc.
- Revenue Driver–Not just a marketer! Proven track record of delivering high quality leads that convert; gets the ROI out of performance-based marketing; a portion of bonus compensation for this role will have a revenue/lead conversion metric.
- Been through Similar Growth & Scale yet Entrepreneurial. Been a key part of a successful growth story, yet super comfortable in an entrepreneurial (scrappy, agile, test & learn) environment; move quickly and adapt strategy and tactics.
- A Player + Coach. Capable leader who has run small teams, external agencies and consultants while being a very hands-on (in the battle, in the data and leading from the front) practitioner who is does what it takes while mentoring and making team successful.
- Passion for the PuppySpot mission. If you don’t love puppies/pets, don’t raise your hand for this opportunity. PuppySpot is all about integrity and transparency, so the VPM will be a 100% friend of the canine!
- Media Buying: Expertise with mechanics of media buying.
- Brand Sensitivity. Ability to drive results while ensuring all messaging is on-brand.
- A bit of a Quant! With deep analytical and quantitative skills; able to use hard data, metrics, trends and insights to back up assumptions and recommendations