VPHR opportunity withDr. Schulze's American Botanical Pharmacy -- well-established, profitable, global leader in manufacturing and distribution of curative herbal medications, foods and supplements. http://bit.ly/2hIkZsu
Dr. Schulze’s American Botanical Pharmacy develops, manufactures and distributes original herbal formulas, unique SuperFoods, natural health programs and a range of related products worldwide under the Dr. Schulze’s brand name.
It sells directly online as well as via catalog and also has an on-site retail boutique at its HQ in Marina del Rey. The store sells the company’s legendary and highly effective herbal health products and creates an exciting destination experience for customers to sample the products and learn about pursuing their own path to natural health from company founder and Master Herbalist, Dr. Richard Schulze.
- Mid 8-figure revenue, including >$3M from single retail location in MDR
- Projecting 50% CAGR through 2018 getting to 9-digit top line revenue
- Currently ~50 employees.
- Adding 35 employees by Q1 2017, including ~8 in marketing hires.
- 200,000 highly-loyal, active customers, and growing.
- With customer churn near Zero, the model resembles subscription ARR!
ABP is at a critical inflection point, scaling its operations quickly and investing aggressively in its future. Sitting at roughly 65 employees today, ABP is preparing to add an additional 25-30 over the next six months. While it experiences associated growing pains, the time has come for a strategic leader to come in and build out the HR help to grow from $40M to $100 M. This individual will be responsible for implementing & executing best systems, practices, and protocols for the organization while working directly with the CEO to create a progressive cultural framework for a thriving organization. More below…
The ABP VP of HR’s Principal Charter:
- Create a framework for HR at ABP that continues to evolve the vision a new vision with a roadmap and a playbook while also executing tactically. Strengthen business relationships within and across departments to help support the growth through positive, pro-active steps carried out with consistency
- Strengthen ABP’s HR function along these four pillars: 1. Strategic organizational planning (chess, not checkers). 2. Talent acquisition and development 3. Culture & employee experience 4. Administration & Compliance
- Participate with and support of a senior leadership team and its development
- Help design and nurture a thriving community inside the company
- To be able to develop a performance management system that support the company and employee growth within a progressive framework
- Is experienced in building and sustaining a high functioning team
- Understands the terrain which includes both the benefits and the challenges of a privately held company
- Is able to proactively manage the company’s reputation within social media
- Someone who is approachable; can quickly build professional trust with employees while creating certainty/consistency around HR and providing an open door for employees to address personnel issues
- Ability to scale a startup-type HR effort on top of a successful business built methodically over 18 years