If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2tkqPBy
8i is a technology startup on mission to give people the best way to connect with each other and express themselves through holograms, by enabling makers to create, mix and experience human holograms that look real and feel as if they were in the same room. 8I’s proprietary technology transforms video from an array of cameras into a photo-realistic hologram of a human that can be viewed from any angle, on any device for x-realities (virtual, augmented or mixed reality).
Learn more at http://8i.com/
- Founded in May 2014, 8i is based in Wellington, New Zealand, and Los Angeles
- Founders & team bring decades of experience at YouTube, NVIDIA, Google, Valve, MSFT, PayPal, Yahoo!, Sony Computer Entertainment, DreamWorks, Digital Domain, ILM, Pixar, Viacom, Twitter, Zynga and others.
- 75 employees worldwide
- Raised $40M from top tier VC/Strategics including Baidu Ventures, Dolby Ventures, Founders Fund, Hearst Ventures, Horizons Ventures, RRE Ventures, SamsungNEXT Ventures, Time Warner Investments, Verizon Ventures – ample runway thru ’18 for land grab establishing 8i as THE volumetric video leader in mobile AR
- 8i has teamed up with dozens of partners, including: L’Oreal, Time Inc., Sony Pictures, CNN, J&J, Hearst Digital Media, Verizon go90, Intel, and Buzz Aldrin Enterprises
- 8i’s tech stack, IP (SDKs & APIs) enable AR experiences to be distributed on emerging AR nets from leading social mobile industry leaders
The HCP Role:
The Head of Consumer Products (HCP) is a high impact role where a confident, ambitious leader can take a nearly blank canvas and create the Product function (and a “culture of Product Management”), build the product organization, deliver an enabling mixed reality platform and help to develop and evolve the partner ecosystem in a technology and commercially driven company moving from being a doer to an enabler and from startup to scale.
- Deep Product Management chops. An accomplished product owner who has Shipped/Delivered successful commercial products to sizable markets that have reached significant scale.
- Built Product Organizations and the Product Management function (ideally from scratch in a startup environment) with the leadership, org structure development, recruiting and mentoring qualities and a track record building and leading high performance teams.
- Technology/Engineering DNA. Ideally started life as an engineer or developer. Able to swiftly gain the trust and respect of 8i’s PhD technologists and engineers while mastering 8i’s tech stack from capture to distribution and playback and
- Startup experience. Brings the grit and scrappiness, while also knowing how and when to feather in process and systems.
- Data and Analytics driven. Utilized analytics tools extensively like GA, Mixpanel, and Looker for analysis and informing the product roadmap and development priorities
This critical role reports to the CEO and requires extensive collaboration with product, technology and creative teams based in NZ as well as biz dev and commercial teams in LA. The principal charter of the role is to be accountable for all activities that enable delivery of 8i’s technology to consumers. As a startup, 8i needs a Product lead who will quickly gain the respect and trust of technical product, engineering and research teams while building the product management function and interfacing with current and prospective partners and customers. Regular travel to NZ is one of the benefits of this oppty.