If you know someone who fits this opportunity description, you can share this opportunity with this link: http://bit.ly/2tkqPBy
8i is a technology company on mission to enable the evolution of media and human communication in the 3D computing era by giving people the best way to connect with each other and express themselves through holograms. We provide the easiest way to create, mix and experience human holograms that look real and feel as if they were in the same room. Our proprietary technology transforms video from an array of cameras into a photo-realistic 3D hologram of a human that can be viewed from any angle, on any device for virtual, augmented or mixed reality. As the world moves beyond the flat screen, 3D holograms enable us to experience human content and each other in the most realistic way. Founded in May 2014, 8i is based in Los Angeles and Wellington, New Zealand. Learn more at www.8i.com.
8i’s team brings decades of experience from Weta Digital, YouTube, NVIDIA, Google, Microsoft, PayPal, Sony Computer Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation, Digital Domain, ILM and Pixar. 8i has raised over $41M from investors including RRE Ventures, Time Warner, Hearst, Verizon, Baidu Ventures, Founders Fund Horizons Ventures, Samsung Ventures, Dolby Family Ventures and Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments.
We are looking for a Head of Consumer Products who will be responsible for enabling the distribution and playback of 8i’s content – from AR apps to fully immersive VR experiences, across all platforms and devices. You will provide strategic leadership across teams in NZ and the US, working closely with regional Product Owners, Designers and Engineers.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Analysing existing and emerging markets to inform direction and prioritisation of consumer products
- Liason / Evangelist internally and externally for SDKs and APIs.
- Being accountable for the strategic direction and delivery of 8i’s consumer technologies and products, including our AR app, Holo
- Providing product leadership and support to product and design teams in LA, NZ and Seattle
- Working alongside our LA based business development team to grow and manage relationships with customers, service providers, content and technology partners
- Continuously improving product and procedures, so that we can deliver more with greater efficiency.
- Regular travel to New Zealand
This position will report to the Chief Product Officer.
Skills and qualities
- Proven track record of delivering successful products to consumer markets
- A passion for AR/VR and the potential of 8i’s technology to serve this growing market
- Specific experience delivering social apps across multiple platforms including mobile and driving growth in social users and reach
- Experience working with teams creating public SDKs and APIs and working as evangelist to external partners to not only adopt technology but to think outside the box of how technology can be used.
- Outstanding product management skills, suited to a fast growing technology company environment
- Excellent communicator and advocate across all communication channels including experience with distributed teams in other States / Countries via text, email, slack, etc.
- Experience coaching and mentoring product owners, project managers and technical managers
- Highly organized and able to deal with a varied range of responsibilities
- Thrives on solving multifaceted problems and finding robust, practical solutions
- Experience working with Google Analytics, MixPanel and/or other analytics tooling
- Start-up experience in fast moving, quickly evolving environment.
- Ability do drive process in a very collaborative environment making quick decisions based on determining what the market wants.
- Ability to help shape and drive culture.
- Relevant engineering or technical background would be a bonus
Our benefits include:
- Employee stock options
- Healthcare benefits
- Free travel insurance for business and personal travel, including your spouse and dependents
- Relocation expenses and settlement assistance where relevant
All of your information will be kept confidential.